cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Since update, picture has a slight stutter as if frame rate has dropped.

Within the last hour, my PS4 downloaded and installed the latest Now TV update which has changed the look of the app,for the better i might add. However, now trying to watch Sky Sports and picture is not running as smooth now and has a headache-inducing slight stutter, which though barely noticeable watching Sky Sports News is very apparent when watching anything with movement, such as the tennis. Please help..

43 REPLIES 43
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've had the exact same problem. Worked fine before the update but with the stutter it's boardering on unwatchable.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User and @Anonymous User

Sorry for the late reply.

If this is happening with all content and not just specific shows or movies can you please go through the below troubleshooting steps and let us know if that helps.

1. DELETE NOW TV APP AND DATA

1.    On PS4 go to TV/Video
2.    Select the NOW TV app
3.    Press Options on your DualShock 4 (Controller)
4.    Select Delete

1.    To delete the NOW TV data go to Setting
2.    Please then go back to System Storage Management
3.    Select Application Saved Data
4.    Select Saved Data in System Storage
5.    Highlight NOW TV
6.    Press OPTIONS on DualShock 4 (Controller)
7.    Select Delete

1.    To reinstall the NOW TV App go to TV/Video
2.    On the NOW TV App press X
3.    The App should re install

2. SETUP WIRED CONNECTION

1.    Go to Settings
2.    Select Network
3.    Select Setup Internet Connection
4.    Use a LAN Cable
5.    Select Easy
6.    Test the Internet connection to complete setup

3. PAUSE ANY DOWNLOADS ON PS4

1.    On the PS4 Main Menu go to Notifications
2.    Select Downloads
3.    On the content downloading press X to pause it.

4. SETUP STATIC IP ADDRESS ON PS4

1.    Go to Settings Network and View Connection Status
2.    Make a note of your default router IP Address (You may also find this at the back of router)
3.    Go back and select Set up Internet Connection
4.    Select Use WiFi or Use LAN (Wired) depending on the connection you’re using
5.    Select Custom
6.    If wireless scan for routers and enter your security pass
7.    If wired it should automatically take you to the next option
8.    In IP Address select Manual and enter the below:

•    IP Address – Your router IP Address but the last digit a different number of your choice
•    Subnet Mask – 255.255.255.0
•    Default Router – Your router IP Address
•    Primary DNS – Your router IP Address
•    Secondary DNS – 0.0.0.0

9.    Once all entered press RIGHT on the controller and select the following settings
10.    MTU Settings - Automatic
11.    Proxy Server – Do Not Use
12.    UPnP – Enabled
13.    Please then select X to save and test your connection

5. ENTER PS4 ON SAFE MODE

1.    Ensure the PS4 is powered off
2.    Press and hold the Power Button on the PS4. Release it after you've heard two beeps: one when you initially press, and another 7 seconds later.
3.    Connect the DualShock 4 controller with the provided USB cable and press the PS button on the controller.

You’ll then see the below options

1.       Restart System
2.       Change Resolution
3.       Update System Software
4.       Restore Default Settings
5.       Rebuild Database 
6.       Initialize PS4 
7.       Initialize PS4 (Reinstall System Software)

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just been through all of those steps(except the last one as you didn't explain what to do once ps4 was in safe mode) and same stuttering picture. Tested speeds both wired and wi-fi come to 33mbps which should be more than enough to give me a smooth picture. I think you are missing the point that the picture was absolutely fine until this update and 2 weeks after I identified a problem nothing has been done. 

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

When you boot the PlayStation in safe mode, can you please unisntall the app and clear any saved data for the NOW TV app. 

Once you have done this can you please reinstall the app and try to play out? 

Please let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well I've now tried all listed steps but to no avail. Still the same stuttering picture. What more can I do?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for carrying out all of the steps we've asked. The good news is I've been talking to our PlayStation technical team, and they've got an update coming soon which will resolve this issue.

We'll share more information when we can give you a timescale for it, and it should be really soon.

Thanks,

Tom

P.S. editing my post to mention @Anonymous User who is also experiencing this issue. It'll be resolved soon.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any idea when this update is coming? Quite frustrating not being able to watch through the ps4 considering the money I've piad to use this service.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User not yet. We'll always let you know as soon as we know - we don't gain anything from holding that information back.

Thanks,

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The exact same thing has just happened to me its so frustrating. I haven't watched it for a bit due to issues with my now ex internet provider talktalk ( the worst company in the world). Having swapped to bt infinity yesterday i couldnt wait to start watching the entertainment boxsets again but now there is this stutter that just makes everything unwatchable! I honestly feel like crying. I've followed those steps and just tried it again and still its happening.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Very sorry to hear that 😞

We have sent you an email and currently waiting for your reply.

Birgit

NOW TV Team