cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kurtzberg
Mentor

Recently Watched has become Continue Watching and it's a disaster.

On the Now TV website and my PS4 (though not the PC app yet), Recently Watched has been transformed into Continue Watching. It's terrible.

1) My watch history has mostly disappeared. I used it to keep track of what I'm watching and now I'm lost.

2) If I choose an episode from the list, it activates the episode straightaway instead of going to the individual episodes list. This makes navigation frustrating. I have to stop the episode to go back to the list.

3) Once the episode is watched to completion, it disappears from the list entirely. If it's in a boxset, it adds the next episode in the set to the list. If I want to watch the episode again or just watch a favourite scene, I have to find it on the episodes list away from the Watching section. If you're watching a boxset, this isn't a big deal but if you're watching a weekly show then it's really inconvenient.

There are probably other problems that I haven't found yet. You took something really useful and made it inconvenient and annoying. You should fix things back to the way they were or bring back the Recently Watched section alongside the Continue Watching section.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The problem I have is that I'd like to be able to delete a "continue watching" item when I don't actually want to watch any more! 

It seems that, if you try an episode but decide it's not for you, then there is no way to drop that series from yuor list. I'mn new to NOW TV but can see I'll end up with a terrible clutter!

Any advice would be welcomed

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Yeah that's an irritation of the Continue Watching section that will hopefully get fixed at some point. Shows you abandon will drop off eventually after a few weeks, but currently the only way to do it manually at the moment is to choose the very last episode of the very last season of the show you want to remove from the episode list screen and FF to the end of that episode, then press  PLAY on the remote to play out the last second of it. That will work for boxsets, although for brand new catch-up shows you may find it appears again when a new episode becomes available.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Kurtzberg

There's been mixed reaction to Continue Watching on the forum, and I agree it's taken some getting used to, although, on balance,  for me personally I think it's an improvement.

With regards weekly shows disappearing, if you've finished watching the latest episode then it does disappear from your Continue Watching list (because by definition there's no more episodes to watch) but once the next week's episode is available it appears in the Continue Watching list without you having to do anything so you can use the section as a kind of planner for what needs watching next.

You also need to watch the episodes to at least where the pop up appears before the system counts that episode as finished. As they seem to have moved the pop ups from the start of the credits to right near the end of the credits for most things that is a bit of a pain as movies I've finished watching still appear in the list and I need to let the credits run before the next episode will appear in the list. So some room for improvement I think.