cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

What did they do to demolition man?

For as long as I remember and when growing up the TV dad's visit everything the restaurant that they invite spartan to is a taco bell. For some strange and stupid reasons the version of the movie on now TV they dubbed over all speech about taco bell badly and replaced it with pizza hut and badly chilled the pizza hut logos onto the doors the van and a food bottle that the scraps are trying to steal. Come on now TV obtain the proper version of the movie please this mucking about with the movie ruined it for me. I may have to import the usa blu Ray to get the version I grow up watching. Why ruin a great movie.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User This isn't NOWTV's fault. 

I read a while back that the proper UK release of the film is the pizza hut version since taco bell isn't a popular choice over here. They thought we wouldn't 'get' what it means.

I don't know why they thought that though. Smiley Indifferent

I'm sure it is on D.M's wikipedia page.

EDIT: It is.

"One of the film's focal points is Taco Bell being the sole surviving restaurant chain in the world. Because Taco Bell is not widely available outside the U.S., the European version substitutes it with Pizza Hut, with lines re-dubbed and logos changed during post-production"

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous User
Not applicable

That should say dad's auto correct changed the text
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Dvds stupid auto correct
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User This isn't NOWTV's fault. 

I read a while back that the proper UK release of the film is the pizza hut version since taco bell isn't a popular choice over here. They thought we wouldn't 'get' what it means.

I don't know why they thought that though. Smiley Indifferent

I'm sure it is on D.M's wikipedia page.

EDIT: It is.

"One of the film's focal points is Taco Bell being the sole surviving restaurant chain in the world. Because Taco Bell is not widely available outside the U.S., the European version substitutes it with Pizza Hut, with lines re-dubbed and logos changed during post-production"

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks it's disappointing that they felt the need to do that. Especially since there is taco bells in the united kingdom now anyway I think I will import the blu Ray from the States. Thank you
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User No problem 🙂

Sorry it isn't what you wanted to hear.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I must have seen that film a hundred times but never on now tv. I've never seen the pizza hut version but I have to admit it made me chuckle reading this thread😊
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I suppose I should be thankful they didn't dub the best line in the movie send a maniac to catch one with something like send a teddy bear to catch one. 

That's is about as stupid as the pizza hut taco Bell switch.