cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV for Entertainment and Movies in Hotels

Hi All,

This is kind of a cross topic (both entertainment and movies) post, so dropping it here to start with.

I regularly stay in hotels, no great surprise I suppose as many people do this.

One of my frustrations is that while in the room, even though there is a 55" Full HD on the wall of the room, I end up sitting on the bed with my tablet watching the movies in Now TV.

What I would love to be able to do is to wirelessly 'cast' the movie and enjoy the surround sound and high quality video from the in-room TV.

However today, this is only available via Airplay for the Sports pass, not for the Movies or Entertainment.

I would like to see some development that allows you to stream the content to either an AppleTV, Chromecast Miracast device, without receiving an alert that you have reached the maximum number of devices.

A number of hotels are now investing in technology to allow guests to stream their own content, however today this is limited to the likes of BBC iPlayer, Youtube, Netflix, etc.

I would appreciate your feedback

Rich

1 REPLY 1
Legend 5
Legend 5

Do you use your tablet other than when away to watch now in Hotels? If you don't you can just cast to Chromecast before playing content from mobile.  If you don't have enough slots.  Firstly come out of anything you are watching, remove the device from your devices within my account.  Then open app, click the cast button once you are casting select content you which to play.  Your mobile/tablet will act as a remote.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.