cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New user question about passes

Hi,

I just got my Now TV box. I followed the instructions to create my account online, which I did and then added my Movies Pass voucher code, at the same time. It didn't tell me not to do this. I then went back to my box and logged in fine but the box won't now accept my voucher code. It's not clear, but it seems to be saying the voucher code isn't valid or is in use.  I expected it to work like Amazon or Netflix, your account applies to both PC and TV box/app.  I don't want to use the voucher on my PC at all, I merely entered on the website there as nothing in the instructions said I have to do that part on the NOW TV box only, are the two not linked?

Can anybody tell me what I need to do to get the pass working on NOW TV box?

Thanks,

Will.

7 REPLIES 7
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Wills

The simplest thing to do, especially as your problem seems unique, is contact Live Chat on the following URL:

http://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/Supported-devices

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Bob, 

Live Chat is offline at the mo. Its occurred to me that perhaps I should choose the 14 day free trial option on the TV Box and that when that expires my voucher might then work. I didn't have to do that on the PC but the end date showing is 14 days after my voucher expires so that may be it. The PC adds the voucher to the end of the free trial  period wheras the box doesn't and you have to add the voucher later on. Just speculation that this point though.

Will.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Its occurred to me that perhaps I should choose the 14 day free trial option on the TV Box and that when that expires my voucher might then work.

@Anonymous User Just to check, you've taken the free trial and then applied the voucher on the website, but on the NOW TV app it wasn't working so you've started a free trial for movies again?

If that's right it sounds like you've signed in with a different account on your box. To check, go to the website, look on your My Account > My Passes page

https://account.nowtv.com/passes

do you see your free trial and 2 month offer showing correctly. If yes, go to My Account > Account Details

https://account.nowtv.com/account-details

and  make a note of your username.

Now open the NOW TV app on your box and go to the My Account screen on the app. Check your username you are signed in with. Is it different? 

If it is you've signed in with a different account, and started a free trial on that.

You need to sign out of that account on your box and sign in with the username from the website.

Then MAKE SURE you sign into the website with the other username so that you can CANCEL the free trial from that account to make sure it doesn't renew at the end.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi again Wills

I think you are right and the normal course of events should be as follows:

1) 14 days free trial.

2) Before the 14 days trial ends, say after 7 days, add your voucher, that way the voucher period will start at the end of your 14 trial and no money will be taken from your bank account.

However, I think you have got it the other way around, no matter you should still be OK.

Just out of interest, you might like to use the following instructions:

The following instructions were developed, written and continually used by Senior Forum Member @Schnapps

The Best Way To Use Now TV Vouchers

All you need to do is buy your voucher pass (from either Currys, Amazon, Game, Argos, ShopTo, etc.) and apply the voucher code to your existing NowTV account under My Passes where you will see an option to "Apply Voucher".

Then all you need to do within the final 30 calendar days before the voucher expires (if you want to continue with the voucher method) is to add a new voucher pass.

If you keep following this method then no money will be taken from your bank or credit card, I have been using this method for over 18 months to keep the costs down and touch wood and, as of yet, I have had no money taken from my bank card by NowTV.

The only thing to bear in mind is that you must apply the new voucher code before the existing code expires (within the last 30 days) or NowTV will automatically take a payment from your bank card.

Also if you decide to leave the NowTV service (either short term or long term) make sure that you cancel your passes (don't worry if you cancel early you will still get the full duration of the voucher passes that you have applied) or again NowTV will automatically renew taking monthly subscription costs from your bank card.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I use the above method myself and plan to continually use it as I've just bought a years worth of vouchers.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello again,

Thanks for your help and suggestions on this. I've now got it working, I had to sign out on the box (which a reboot didn't achieve) and sign in again from scratch, it then picked up the voucher code from my account and the movies pass now works. A whole host of Christmas films at our fingertips now, quite a bargain at £15 from Sainsburys yesterday.

Thanks again for the advice.

Will.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Wills

Glad to hear you've got everything working, I was actually binge watching Supergirl with my Christmas dinner.

Yes, it is great to have so much entertainment choice readily to hand, that's why I like Now TV.

Have a great Christmas and happy new year.

UK Bob

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

You don't need to enter the code again on your NOW TV box if you've already entered it online. Just make sure you are logged in with the same username on the box, then open up the NOW TV app on the box and you should be able to watch anything in the movies section of the app.