cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Missing Cinema Pass

Hi,

This month I applied a 2 month pass on to my account. It came with a new Now TV Box. It went through OK and updated my next payment date as I expected. However I got billed this month and I suspected it was because I applied the pass two days before the payment was due. So I went into my account to check and was suprised to find the 2 month pass had disappeared! The chat line was less than helpful as apparently this can't happen. has anyone else applied a pass only to have it disappear again?

It would help if they sent an email when you apply the pass, at least then I would have proof of what happened!

32 REPLIES 32
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Couple of quick questions.

Have you ever had more than one nowtv username account in the past, if so double check those accounts as well.

If you have only ever used one username account, when you go to My Account > My Passes is there still a green apply voucher button next to the pass, if so have you still got the voucher code to try applying the code again onto your account.

Once i apply a voucher code to my account i always take a screenshot for proof just in case something goes wrong.

However i do agree with your suggestion that once your voucher code is applied to your account the NowTV computer system could possibly send an email confirmation to the account holders email address with all the updated details of the voucher offer applied to your account.

I wonder if the NowTV Team would consider @Anonymous User suggestion for the ideas board (if this good idea is not already on there) ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Schnapps

No only one account. I wish I had kept the card with the code, but as it acknowledged the application and even updated my next payment date on my passes page you would think it safe to assume it had been accepted OK. The no help chat line can't find any trace of it in their system and can't match the voucher to the Now box it came with. I am therefore left trying to prove that I applied a voucher without the voucher!

It seems to me there must be a significant bug in their pass processing service for that to happen, but Sky refuses to believe that the issue is with their software. Anyone else have this problem?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Have you still got the receipt for the nowtv box you purchased with the two month pass ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I thought I did, but now I can't find it.
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @schnapps

Guys

Passes vanishing is not an uncommon problem, it has also happened to me, so you have to take steps to protect yourselves by taking a few simple precautions:

1) Always take a screen print of your accepted pass, when I found out that my pass had vanished I immediately contacted Now TV help, told them I had a screen print and everything thereafter was smooth sailing.  They refunded the money they had taken and reinstated the start and end dates of my original lost pass.

2) Make a note of your pass details on your computer's notepad, or whatever scratch pad facility your system uses, to provide irrefutable and conclusive proof that you had and have used your passes on their system.

Just remember that all computers crash, glitch and subject to human errors, however no organisation will voluntarily admit that their machines have gone wrong, so you have to protect yourself against such an eventuality.

After all, your passes represents your advance purchasing of NowTV services and, as with any other purchase, you should always keep your own records.

UK Bob

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Is there any chance you could put forward the following idea onto the ideas board section of the forum (i had a quick look on the board and couldn't see anything similar).

Automatic Email Notification Once You Have Applied New Voucher Code to Your Account.

Where once you applied a voucher code on your account, NowTV will send an automatic email notification to the account holders email address that you have just applied a new voucher code giving the offer date and your next due payment date.

This might alleviate some issues that members seem to be getting where for example they believed the voucher code was accepted but for some reason it didn't go through the NowTV system.

Where if they didn't receive the email pass voucher notification, then they could double check their account details and if necessary try re applying the voucher code again.

Also the email voucher code notification, could be useful for a means of reference for both customer and NowTV should there be abnormalities when looking into their passes for any future account matters raised by the NowTV customer.   

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the response to this, which is more than Sky has done. A manager was supposed to contact me by email about this but I guess unhappy customers is not a priority for them!

Interestingly, I was so annoyed I went to cancel my movie subscription and one of the tempters to stay was movies for 4 months at only £3.99 a month, so effectively I have got my 2 months back! Worth knowing. Smiley Surprised

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps wrote:

@Anonymous User

Is there any chance you could put forward the following idea onto the ideas board section of the forum (i had a quick look on the board and couldn't see anything similar).

Automatic Email Notification Once You Have Applied New Voucher Code to Your Account.

Where once you applied a voucher code on your account, NowTV will send an automatic email notification to the account holders email address that you have just applied a new voucher code giving the offer date and your next due payment date.

This might alleviate some issues that members seem to be getting where for example they believed the voucher code was accepted but for some reason it didn't go through the NowTV system.

Where if they didn't receive the email pass voucher notification, then they could double check their account details and if necessary try re applying the voucher code again.

Also the email voucher code notification, could be useful for a means of reference for both customer and NowTV should there be abnormalities when looking into their passes for any future account matters raised by the NowTV customer.   

@Anonymous User

Any chance of the above being added to the ideas board on the forum ?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps Do you ever get emails after adding vouchers? I've just checked and I've received some. What I do find however is that I don't get emails reliably from NOW TV, particularly with regards promotions even tho I am opted in, and one account I have (I have two but don't ask!) is much more reliable at getting emails from NOW TV than the other.