cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Free 1 month Sky Cinema pass problem

Hi all.

The other day I entered a code from Hot UK Deals for 1 free month of Sky Cinema. My current pass expires on 26 Jan 2017 and the new pass is due to start on that day. However it Sys that the first payment of £9.99 is due on 26 Jan 2017. Any ideas why?

Thanks.

14 REPLIES 14
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

The NOW TV system breaks down payments into monthly periods. In order to see the actual expiry dates of your vouchers, this is what you have to do...

While you are logged onto this forum using the same log-in details as your NOW TV playback device. When you vist: My Account -> My Passes and select the purple 'down arrow' here's a typical example of what your pass information should look like.

Note the info in the first yellow highlighted' line. Followed by the 'Offer ends on' line: -

offer ends on dates.PNG

What do you see?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

IMG_0264.PNG

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

If you haven't done-so already, try entering your Hot UK Deals 'voucher pass code' again?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

There isn't anywhere to enter a voucher code - presumably because a current pass is in operation and a new one is scheduled.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Actually, according to the image you posted, your 'Offer Starts on' the '26 Jan 2017' (in 9 days time) and your 'Offer Ends on' the '25 Feb 2017'

So everything looks fine 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

OK thanks. The thing that "bothers" me is that it says my payment of £9.99 is due on 26 Jan which is the day the new pass starts. I would have thought it should say 26 Feb?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

OK thanks. The thing that "bothers" me is that it says my payment of £9.99 is due on 26 Jan which is the day the new pass starts. I would have thought it should say 26 Feb?

Granted, it can be confusing. However, when you look at this again in 9 days time a new expiry date will appear.

Sufficed to say, if anything goes wrong you can now refer to this particular topic... And even blame me 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @SeeMoreDigital. I'll send the boys round to collect £9.99 if I end up paying 😜

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @SeeMoreDigital

Hi Glenn

Although I'm more than sure that SMD has advised you correctly, and you might have that nagging doubt in the back of your mind, just like I would have, I suggest that in order to quell that little voice contact Live Chat on the following URL.

http://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/Supported-devices

They will confirm you will not have to pay anything until 26th February and display your voucher screen properly.

UK Bob