cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can you accumulate your passes?

I noted recently that you don't have to wait until the last month to cancel passes anymore.  As a result of Virgin making me an offer I couldn't refuse on Sky Sports and Movies, I now have 14 months worth of passes that expire in 2017.  Can I apply and cancel them so that I can load them all up for the next 14 months after my virgin deal ends?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
I thought that, but apprently not...

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/Sports/When-does-my-months-pass-end/m-p/386971#M5893

@Anonymous User @Andy

@Anonymous User You're right, it did used to be the case you had to cancel in the last month of a multi-month offer, but it's changed now, you can cancel anytime and during the cancellation process it will confirm the end date as the end of your however-many-months.

@Anonymous User

Yeah, the advice given you is correct. You can now cancel at any time (which is great as you can cancel as soon as you have applied a voucher, meaning you won't forget to do it later) but unfortunately the rule that you need to wait for the last month of a multi-month voucher before you can apply the next one still applies. 

Hopefully any codes you won't be able to make use of can be given to friends or family to make use of (although you may still find them useful for eg occasions when you want to use mobile devices or other TVs in the house).

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Unfortunately No.

If i was in your position i would try to sell /off load them on to somebody who has a NowTV account.

Also, i am not sure if NowTV will offer you a refund if you give up the vouchers, but i suppose there is no harm in asking them.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

As a result of Virgin making me an offer I couldn't refuse on Sky Sports and Movies, I now have 14 months worth of passes that expire in 2017....

Eh... Since when did Virgin start offering NOW TV vouchers?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital Virgin gave me sky sports and movies for 9 months discounted not now tv vouchers.  The now tv vouchers I got separetely.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@SeeMoreDigital

I think @Anonymous User has purchased the vouchers from places like Argos, Amazon etc, but it sounds like Virgin has offered a super deal to add Sky to the Virgin Broadband TV package.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That being the case, how many vouchers can I have running concurrently?  I have a month left on my cancelled entertainment pass, and I can definitely apply another, but if I cancel, will I be able to apply a third?

2016-07-19 (1).png

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

One entertainment, movie and kids voucher can be applied during the final 30 days of when the existing voucher offer on your account is going to expire.

An "apply voucher" button will appear on the top left hand corner of each of your different types of passes.

Never tried cancelling a voucher on my account, then adding another voucher back on again, but i would guess the same rule would be enforced so there would be no advantage.   

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps wrote:

@Anonymous User

One entertainment, movie and kids voucher can be applied during the final 30 days of when that voucher offer is going to expire.

I thought that, but apprently not...

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/Sports/When-does-my-months-pass-end/m-p/386971#M5893

@Anonymous User @Andy

@Anonymous User You're right, it did used to be the case you had to cancel in the last month of a multi-month offer, but it's changed now, you can cancel anytime and during the cancellation process it will confirm the end date as the end of your however-many-months.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Yeah i know you can cancel your pass any time during the voucher period, for example apply a new 3 month entertainment voucher say today (if the apply voucher button is available on your account) and you can also cancel this same voucher on the same day and you will still have full three month duration of the pass.

I might be wrong, but the NowTV system will not allow you to add a further voucher to your entertainment pass even though you have cancelled the pass until you are in the final remaining 30 days of the cancelled entertainment voucher expires.

Edit - Your best bet might be either to drop NowTV an email or speak to live chat for clarification.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps wrote:

@Anonymous User

Yeah i know you can cancel your pass any time during the voucher period, for example apply a new 3 month entertainment voucher say today (if the apply voucher button is available on your account) and you can also cancel this same voucher on the same day and you will still have full three month duration of the pass.

I might be wrong, but the NowTV system will not allow you to add a further voucher to your entertainment pass even though you have cancelled the pass until you are in the final remaining 30 days of the cancelled entertainment voucher expires.

Edit - Your best bet might be either to drop NowTV an email or speak to live chat for clarification.

OK.  I will cancel my movie pass and see what happens 🙂