cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Device Management with Chromecast

Hi,

I was wondering why the chromecast option takes up a device management slot, as we need a registered device to cast from...? This means to watch nowtv via chromecast, I need to use 2 of the 4 available slots.
Are there any plans to increase the device number limit or remove the registered device requirement for the chromecast?
92 REPLIES 92
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

Just trying to find my way around using the 3 months trial on my Chromecast.  Can anyone please confirm that the Manage Devices sections lists the Chromecast as "IPSETTOPBOX".

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User , 

Thanks for getting in touch, I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. 

I have had a check for you and yes this should be your Chromecast. 

But I've also noticed this is the same for Apple TV box. 

You should be able to change the name of this device within the My Account section. 

If you have any further questions please feel free to get back in touch. 

Kind Regards, 

Karl 

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry. Mistake

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Karl-F wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User , 

Thanks for getting in touch, I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. 

I have had a check for you and yes this should be your Chromecast. 

But I've also noticed this is the same for Apple TV box. 

You should be able to change the name of this device within the My Account section. 

If you have any further questions please feel free to get back in touch. 

Kind Regards, 

Karl 

NOW TV Team

Thanks Karl.  What really threw me was that not only was this label not mentioned anywhere on your site but neither could I find it related to Chromecast anywhere on the whole internet!!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thank you for your feedback. I have raised this and hopefully we should have this implemented soon.

Please keep your feedback coming via our my ideas section on the community forum.

Thanks

Ranj

NOW TV Team 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok - so let me get this straight....

I can watch now tv on my ipad BUT can't use my chromecast for another month because I can only register one device per month? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense...

If I delete my ipad as a device, I can't register a new one for a month either. If I can have a total of four devices registered, why do I have to wait four months to do so? I don't understand this, particularly as Netflix seems to work a whole lot more logically. Frankly, if I can't watch now tv via Chromecast, I don't really see a point in continuing my subscription. Unless of course there is an easy fix!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User the device change limit is to stop you from leasing out a spare slot each day.

To get you fixed as a one off the quickest method is to jump on to Live Chat and explain your situation, they might be able to sort something out for you this month.
Visit http://help.nowtv.com/article/Managing-Devices
and at the bottom will be a Contact Us button, from here Live Chat should be available (hours are 8am-midnight).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

HI @Anonymous User

Looks like you got everything sorted?

Let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks Karl.  What really threw me was that not only was this label not mentioned anywhere on your site but neither could I find it related to Chromecast anywhere on the whole internet!!!!

In the past it's been labelled as Chromecast (that's what mine was showing without the need to change it), however I believe a recent bug has resulted in devices getting rather generic system names.

Fortunatly you can change it now (even to a completly different name if you plan to have multiple ones) and then in 6 months time you'll know what it is.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sport if this is daft question, I have 2 now tv boxes connected, yesterday connected my chromecast and watched nowtv via my iPad. Theses last two have now taken up two slots, so when I tried to watch via Apple tv earlier, there were too many devices.
How do I get around this? I didn't expect using chromecast to use two slots!

My ideal setup is 2x nowtv boxes, 1 Apple tv and the ability to use my chromecast. Is this even possible?

Is there anything I can do on 1st April? Which one should I delete?

Thank you in advance