cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Chromecast counts as TWO devices

Does Sky think this is fair, we need a mobile as the remote/sender so we're being unfairly treated

13 REPLIES 13
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Chromecast counts as one device, your phone/tablet as a second device. If you don't intend using the app on the phone, cast the app then click play.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH

I'm watching on Chromecast but need the Android device as the remote, I thought I made this clear but theres always one.

PS I don't do the accept answer thing because it just encourages people to annoy others on forums

Legend 5
Legend 5

Clearly you misunderstood. If you cast first then play the Android Phone/ tablet does not count as a device. Of course as you say there is always one who doesn't understand 😉
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

"PS I don't do the accept answer thing because it just encourages people to annoy others on forums"

In other words move along nothing to see here, look for someone else to give you marks Smiley Mad

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I repeat the question for NowTV to answer

"Does Sky think this is fair, we need a mobile as the remote/sender so we're being unfairly treated"

The current setup means an average house could use up the four slots easy even though its just the one Chromecast device

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User when you get back in the office after the bank holiday perhaps you could respond to this person.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @4268

@Anonymous User I have nothing else to add as @4268 is spot on with the answer.

Connect to the Chromecast first and then play out counts as 1 device, If you start the program on your mobile then cast thats 2 devices.

Thanks

Andy

P.s @4268 I've accepted the answer for you 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks @4268

@Anonymous User I have nothing else to add as @4268 is spot on with the answer.

Connect to the Chromecast first and then play out counts as 1 device, If you start the program on your mobile then cast thats 2 devices.

Thanks

Andy

P.s @4268 I've accepted the answer for you 🙂

Ah pals are we well that explains it however you ignored my response and the suggestion part so Andy old PAL are you going to put this forward or do you need to ask 4268?

Do we put complaints in here or to your head office regards to you ignoring customer suggestions and being to pally with people chasing forum ranks?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

With respect @Anonymous User, you've been given your answer, so it's probably best if you gave it a rest now!

Having a pop at forum members and NOW TV Team members just because you don't agree with the answers you've been given is not going to achieve anything. Indeed, such actions are in breech of the forum rules!

If you've come to this forum with the intention to stir up trouble your stay here will be short...

EDIT: It might be an idea to close this topic before things go too far!