cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Live tv program listing a couple of hours behind apply tv

When I watch live tv through my Apple TV the program listing which shows what's on now and the next two programs is a couple of hours behind. Been like it for a while. Tried resets, checked Apple TV time settings which are correct. Literally have no idea what's causing it. It's not the end of the world but would like a fix so that the what's on now is showing the correct program and not something that was on a couple of hours ago. Has anyone else had the same issue?
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum.  Try checking the region setting on your Apple TV.

Hope this helpsSmiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello, and many thanks. Unfortunately this hasn't solved the issue. I double checked to be sure and the region is set to United Kingdom. The time setting is automatic. I have also tried to set it manually under London which made no difference. I really am quite baffled by it and from searching the net it doesn't appear to be a common problem as I couldn't find anything. I do think that the problem started when the clocks went forward end of March. However, surely this shouldn't have an effect if the Apple TV time and region settings are correct? Additionally if it was an app comparability issue I'd expect to see a lot of posts and queries of the same nature. Very puzzling.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

That's a strange one @Anonymous User

Only thing I could suggest would be to contact Apple to see if they can recommend anything.

@Anonymous User has covered off what we would ask you to do.

Cheers

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello @Anonymous User my Apple TV 4th gen is showing live TV shows as GMT so for example tonight it was saying John Oliver was on at 21:35 GMT instead of just showing the general time. Hopefully you can help. I've got my region on the UK and time to set automatically 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Does the actual time on your ATV show the correct time and just the NOW TV App that's different ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Yes my Apple TV shows the correct time it's just the now tv app that's still on GMT instead of BST

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've noticed something else now. When I press on any channel under the live tv section and it comes up with the what's on now and next 2 programs. It first comes up showing the correct timing. However, if I scroll across to another channel and then back again it then becomes behind. So basically weirder still and still no solution. Given this new info could it be a problem with the app itself? I appreciate that I am the only person who seems to have reported this so perhaps it's doubtful. Strange though how it comes up the correct timing initially then changes as you scroll across?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @Anonymous User@Anonymous User

I will pass this onto the team and see what they come back with.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Has there been an answer to this yet? I use my Apple TV app to watch NowTV, but it's showing GMT (not BST) for live tv. Surely this should have been sorted by now? The way I get round it is tell Apple TV I'm in Madrid 😂 But I suspect it will stop some other Serivce from working. 

Come me on Now TV, fix it Now 😊 You have the power of Sky behind you. I'd like to "believe in better"

@Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks @Anonymous User@Anonymous User

I will pass this onto the team and see what they come back with.

Thanks

Andy

😆