cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

App tripping out

So I select NOWTV on the new Apple 4 tonight, it starts to load then trips out to the main AppleTV home page, anyone else getting this?

40 REPLIES 40
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Has anyone trying resetting their  tv to factory settings, setting up again and readding the app?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes - I tried resetting to factory settings (reluctantly) but it hasnt solved the problems.  I did however forget I would have to sign back into Netflix etc which was a pain LOL

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Happening to me too, was fine until tonight.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here and still not working this morning. I suspect an update is required. Judging by the speed of the appearance of the app at the Apple TV 4 launch it may well be a few days.

Oh dear! Was looking forward to upgrading for the tv 2 to the tv 4 but this thread (and the others detailing the saga of initial non-readiness by NOW TV) has put me right off the idea for the time being.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

<post removed as information incorrect - please see below>

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tom, the message has been changed to say that the issue only affects Movies. Does this mean that the original issue of the app just crashing on opening has been fixed? I'm not at home at the moment so I'm unable to check it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User thanks for asking about that - I had noticed the difference in scenarios after posting the link, and am just seeking clarification.

We've had no reports since last night of the app completely crashing, so if anybody who has their Apple TV to hand could let us know, that'd be great.

Thanks,

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Completely dies on us here. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Looks like you're investigating a different issue.

Everybody that has posted here has the same problem - that is, that as soon as you select the Now TV app on ATV4, it momentarily brings up the logo and spinning circle; but then it crashes back to the ATV4 home screen.

We cannot even get into the app to discover this other 'Movies only' problem that you mention!!!