cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Whats-in-a-name
Advocate

Returning a NEW Broadband Hub

Hello.

Recenty I had an issue with NOW broadband and I was not getting any internet access. (internet light on router was solid orange). I phoned the help line and after a bit of head scrating they said my router was faulty and needed a new one which they would charge me for it.

3 days later (boxing day) the internet started working again and 2 days later the replacementnew router arrived. I have not opened the delivery box and would like to return it and be refunded the charge they made.

I phoned the helpline to arrange this but he directed me to NOWTV.com for returning equipment. I think I am being dumb as I can not find the page to organise returning unused/new equipment for a refund; TBH i think the advisor palmed me off/or in error thought i was returning the old used item.

Can anyone advise me where to return the product and ensure it gets processed so I am refunded the cost of the new router?

With thanks

12 REPLIES 12
redchiz1
Champion 2

There is a free returns process available here, but it does relate to what they describe as "old" equipment. Perhaps contact them again and ask if you should do this, but obviously you will want to get confirmation that the charge will be refunded. 

Jayach
Elite 3

@Whats-in-a-name wrote:
Recenty I had an issue with NOW broadband and I was not getting any internet access. (internet light on router was solid orange). I phoned the help line and after a bit of head scrating they said my router was faulty and needed a new one which they would charge me for it.

That doesn't seem right, in my opinion they should replace a (suspected) faulty router for free, especially if you are still in contract. (are you?)

They do make a delivery charge for your original router, but I wouldn't expect even that on a replacement.

Just how much did they charge?

redchiz1
Champion 2

@Jayach 

Yeah, but in this case it seems that it wasn't a necessary replacement after all? And I guess they are entitled to make a delivery charge, although even that would be quite mean. Although good question about the amount.

@Whats-in-a-name 

Can you answer the question about the charge? If no more than a nominal amount for postage then it may be worth keeping as a backup.

Jayach
Elite 3

@redchiz1 wrote:

@Jayach 

Yeah, but in this case it seems that it wasn't a necessary replacement after all?

True, but it was Now that made the decision to send one, and they had no idea it wasn't faulty at the point they made the charge.

When Vodafone suspected my router was faulty (it wasn't), they made no charge, and I still have that router as a back-up. They sent it out overnight by DPD as well.

redchiz1
Champion 2

Well as you are not a NOW broadband customer that is not a relevant comparison. It possibly helps to explain why Vodafone are so expensive generally. 

Jayach
Elite 3

@redchiz1 wrote:
It possibly helps to explain why Vodafone are so expensive generally. 

Are you kidding? Vodafone are one of the cheapest ISP's. That's why I'm there.

redchiz1
Champion 2

Only if you take their expensive mobile deals as well.

Jayach
Elite 3

@redchiz1 

No, I'm not on Vodafone for mobile (if I was I'd save another £2 per month I believe)

redchiz1
Champion 2

@Jayach 

Fair enough. I have just checked their prices again and they're not all that where I am, maybe because it is an Openreach rather than CityFibre circuit, I believe the latter are cheaper?

I will be looking more intently as it happens in a couple of months when my current deal with TalkTalk expires. Which Vodafone service do you have, what's the Hub like and would you recommend them generally?