cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New customer, no existing broadband.

Hi

I currently don't have or had a broadband service in my current property and I solely rely on 3 unlimited hotspot for my Internet. But their service has been unreliable as of recent so I want broadband as of now.

I tried to register as a new customer and now tv are saying there is no need for engineers visit and I will have broadband by 14 April. So is this legit or is this just a standard message, and they will come back later saying it turns out I do need an engeener visit that won't happen until 2021? Because I know for certain there hasn't been a broadband connection in here for at least 4 years.

Just wanted to make sure before committing.

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If there is no current BT telephone line or BT socket anywhere inside the home then it won't be a "Self Install".

BT Openreach have stopped any installations where there is a home visit involved inside your home (unless your a classed has Disabled or Medically Dependent and it's important that you have access to the internet or phone) due to the Coronavirus crisis.

I would say get in Touch with NowTV but it extremely difficult to get hold of them and their live chat call centre based in India is closed because India have a total lock down in the country (where i believe they are in week 2 of the lockdown).

If it was me i don't think i would commit has things stand at the moment (too risky) and stay put where you are.

You could try another ISP who have a UK helpline call centre to see what they can say about providing internet at your address with some sort of time frame involved ? 

If there is no phone line, make sure you tell them just in case the information on their database is wrong.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok will try all those things. Thanks