cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Higher speed for my 30 days contract possible?

Hello everyone,

I have a question about my broadband. My flatmate is moving out and he is taking his sky broadband account with him . I needed just temporary internet because I need to move soon as well (in 2-3 months). Our Sky will no longer be active from 1.4. so I have ordered 30 days contract from NOWtv as there is not many providers offering 30 days or less than 12 months. My question is what is the download speed and upload speed for this broadband? I have received router already and it comes active on 31.3. but when I have checked my NOWtv account there is an estimate speed described about 3 - 5 MB, 2.5MB guaranteed. I am afraid it won't be enough for my usage as I often watching streams while playing games and downloading big files. Is there any option how to get higher speed for this contract? I was expecting at least 30Mb/s Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sounds like you placed their lower tier internet service which is Brilliant Broadband.

Depending if it was available at your home address when you placed the order you should have opted for one of the higher tier speeds of Fab Fibre or Super Fibre (highest speed currently available on the NowTV service).

Obviously if the two fibre options was available then they cost more money each month compared to the lowest speed Brilliant Broadband service.

What tier was your flatmate using on the Sky Broadband & Telephone service ?

Should you wish to upgrade the plan, then you need to get back in Touch with the NowTV Broadband Team.

To find their telephone number go to My Account > Broadband & Calls on here, then click the arrow below your Broadband Plan then click on the green box upgrade plan to see the telephone number to phone.

Just be aware that the phone line is extremely busy due to the Coronavirus crisis and you will need to be patient and keep hanging on the telephone line.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sounds like you placed their lower tier internet service which is Brilliant Broadband.

Depending if it was available at your home address when you placed the order you should have opted for one of the higher tier speeds of Fab Fibre or Super Fibre (highest speed currently available on the NowTV service).

Obviously if the two fibre options was available then they cost more money each month compared to the lowest speed Brilliant Broadband service.

What tier was your flatmate using on the Sky Broadband & Telephone service ?

Should you wish to upgrade the plan, then you need to get back in Touch with the NowTV Broadband Team.

To find their telephone number go to My Account > Broadband & Calls on here, then click the arrow below your Broadband Plan then click on the green box upgrade plan to see the telephone number to phone.

Just be aware that the phone line is extremely busy due to the Coronavirus crisis and you will need to be patient and keep hanging on the telephone line.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for your anwer. I have choosen highest possible available speed for 30 days contract I think. 😞 I think that higher speed were available for 12 months only. I may be wrong, but I didn't find that option 30mb/s for 30days anywhere. Of couse I know it will cost more, but I don't mind, it won't be for too long period. We are still using Sky super fast fibre 78mb/s until 31.3. I will also keep that old Sky HUB so I am also able to use this router if needed. Thanks

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Never looked into the NowTV non contract rolling 30 day broadband service to be honest apart for there is a admin fee involved which doesn't apply to the saver option where you take up the 12 month contract.

So i am not sure if non contract customers are locked into the lowest Brilliant Broadband speed only (had a quick look on their help articles and couldn't see anything mentioned either way).