cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Defer new account

If i sign up now to the fibre broadband deal, Is it possible to defer the start of the  new account until 6 weeks time when my current contract expires?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I am not sure if you can defer or agree a broadband / fab fibre start date with nowtv, where it normally takes 14 days for the switch over from your existing ISP when you sign up.

I might be wrong though and will send you a PM with a telephone number for the nowtv broadband team where you can ask the question directly to them.

Nowtv do seem to offer discounted offers for broadband / fab fibre from time to time during the course of the year and if they can't accommodate your request, then hopefully another offer will be available in 6 weeks time.

Let us know what the nowtv broadband team say.

targaid
Mentor

Would you send ne that number too, please? I'm switching from Virgin but will have their contract for the next 30 days.  Don't want to lose the deal I'm trying to sign up to.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@targaid If you are 30 days from the end of your Virgin contract, try signing up now. Do you also have a BT/Openreach line into your property, as if you don't you will need one installing and that is taking an age at the moment. (if it happens at all)

Don't forget the switch will not happen automatically (unlike FTTC to FTTC) so you will need to cancel the Virgin.

targaid
Mentor
Thanks. I actually got through to the broadband team and they told me to
wait two weeks before signing up. You never know, Virgin might come up with
an offer by then but I'm not holding my breath.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Hi, my advice would be to wait at least two weeks before your contract expires and call us as it takes 2 weeks to install the line anway, depending if you are out of contract with the current provider, if not then we would do a line check if you need an engineer we could possibly select a later date, but if no engineer is needed it would be the standard 14 days.