cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PickleRick
Mentor

Why I am cancelling after 2 week trial.

I get it, I'm just one person but I'll just put this out as a data point as to why I'm cancelling after 2 weeks rather than subscribing in case anyone is listening on a case by case basis.

1. Lack of subtitles: If I watch something on TV it has subtitles*, if I watch something on Netflix it has subtitles*, if I watch something on Amazon Prime it has subtitles*, if I watch something on any TV channel's catch-up service it has subtitles*, (*with a few exceptions but the exceptions are heavily outnumbered by the ones that do.)

If I watch anything including Game of Thrones, NOWTV's flagship show on NOWTV on my PC, (I don't care about other methods), there are zero subtitles available.

2. The need to download a standalone player. Why? All the other methods in point 1 are happy to stream from the website why does NOWTV have to be awkward. In the 2 wekks I had it this needed to be updated 3 times.

3. NOWTV is a resource hog. I like to have the thing I'm watching in one half of the screen whilst I play onlne poker in the other half. None of the aforementioned services cause any problems with that, but NOWTV doesn't play well with another resource heavy application, seems to use a lot more than Netflix et al.

4. Just a personal thing but I found the menu clunky when trying to find what shows were available and what I might want to watch.

1 REPLY 1
Legend 5
Legend 5

@PickleRick when you cancel make sure you get email confirmation and it says by the pass cancelled. Fully understand re subtitles, that would be an issue on several devices. Some devices do have more subtitles than others. Unfortunately if you are left with the pc option, you can't try others. Regarding the stand alone player, you were once able to watch it web. However support for the necessary elements were removed by browser providers, at one time you could not use the chrome browser, so playing via the website only worked sparingly if you had IE. There are now two players, the player which works with Windows 7 and above and the app which works windows 8 and above. Personally I find even with a Windows 10 pc, the player responds better than the app.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.