cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unauthorised payments

I was just wondering why, Now tv have taken it uppon themselves to randomly take money out of my account over the last couple of months. I* would also like to know why you keep delieting my coments and not contacting me back as this is a serrious error on your part. (if i do not hear back within the next couple of hours. the money not returned within a week i will consider this theft)

15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes same here. One not finished my 2 month free trail yet.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

I can see you contacted our live chat team regarding this.

Thanks

Andy

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi again @Anonymous User,

As I mentioned to you yesterday (Thursday at 08:38). It sounds like you may have created more than one NOW TV account!

Another probable reason why you've been charged is because all the NOW TV service(s) you've subscribed to 'roll on' automatically if they're not cancelled prior to any 'free trial', 'voucher pass' or 'monthly' subscription expiring. You did remember to actualy cancel your subscription(s) didn't you?

You should however be able to get your subcription payment(s) returned to you provided you've have not viewed any content. All of which the NOW TV people will thoroughy check.

That being said, given that this is an 'Bills and Payments' (ie: account) related issue, I suggest you contact a NOW TV representative via the forums 'live chat' facility.

The easiest way of contacting 'Live Chat' is by using a Windows or Mac computer, along with various many makes and models of mobile phones and tablets (provided their screen resolution is high enough). Here's what you need to do: -

• Click on the following: How To Contact NOW TV link.
  • Click on the blue 'Start Live Chat' button on the left of the web page.
  • A new 'What can we help you with today?' pop-up window should open up.
  • Click on the 'Request Chat' button.

Cheers

And just-so-everyone-knows: -

• Your NOW TV subscription will run for its full duration, even if it's cancelled after the first day.
  • All the NOW TV service(s) you've subscribed to will 'roll on' automatically if they're not cancelled prior to any 'free trial', 'voucher pass' or 'monthly' subscription expiring!
  • The grey coloured 'Canel' button will not be accessible while the NOW TV accounts system is attempting to collect payment(s).
  • Setting up a payment PIN on your NOW TV account is advised. As it will be prevent others from purchasing additional NOW TV services without your knowledge/agreement!
ukbobboy
Legend

@SeeMoreDigital

Hi SMD

I have a silly question which I hope you can answer, and that is why do some people open more than one account? I can understand that someone may have a Sky account and on switching to Now TV open an account there as well but opening two Now TV accounts, I just find that baffling.

Mind you, I've always believed in the K.I.S.S (Keep It Simple, Stupid) method when it comes to computers and computer related items.

UK Bob 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy wrote:

Hi @SeeMoreDigital

I have a silly question which I hope you can answer, and that is why do some people open more than one account?  I can understand that someone may have a Sky account and on switching to Now TV open an account there as well but opening two Now TV accounts, I just find that baffling. 

Good question...

I suspect that 'some people' thought they were being very clever and have signed themselves up to multiple 'free 14 day trial' offers. Perhaps using different credit/debit cards (which maybe linked to the same bank account). And in their enthusiasm of 'cheating the system' have not remembered to cancel their subscriptions.... And then blame NOW TV Smiley Surprised

Oh wow, have I said this "out-loud"?!?!

ukbobboy
Legend

@SeeMoreDigital

Hi again SMD

Your thoughts seem logical and I cannot, for the life of me, think of any other answer why a person would open more than one Now TV account, I guess being too clever for they're own good.

Stupidity seems to know no boundaries.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This might be a related question.

I setup a Now TV account (oddly enough my Sky account was not accepted but I was not able to re-use the same email address for Now TV as for Sky).

I am now on my three months trial for Entertainment, yet I seem to have been charged for one month on the day this started.

Is the trial "Three Free Months" or "Three Months for the Price of One Month"?

If the former, then I have been charged too soon. However, if the latter then that would be fine.

Hope that makes sense 🙂

(Either way, I only signed up once)

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

All brand new NOW TV subscribers are elegible for a 'free 14-day trial' in-addition to applying any supplied voucher code passes. This being the case, are you 100% sure that you actually applied the voucher pass code that have been supplied either within your NOW TV box or as part of an e-mail offer?

If you purchased a NOW TV branded product, the voucher code passes come in the form of a small card with a silver 'scratch-off' strip on its rear side 😉

Anyway, in order to check which NOW TV services are currently active and/or have expired I suggest that while you're logged onto this forum (using the log-in details as your playback device) you click on the following: View my bills link. Where you'll find everything itemised.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have not applied a 3 month voucher obtained with a Now TV box yet. Just using the 3 month special offer when I signed up.