cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Registering devices on two accounts?

I currently subscribe to movies and entertainment via a single account which has four devices registered to it, so I am acutely aware that when my two daughters are catching up on their must see box sets in different rooms, I can no longer watch any content.

Is there anything stopping me setting up a new account purely for movies and registering each of the devices onto that account (over several months Smiley Mad ) as well as the current primary account? 

In theory, that should mean I can watch two films and two box sets across the four devices without getting the dreaded (and repeated) too many devices message. Or have I missed something?

5 REPLIES 5
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User so long as you have two cards and two emails you can set up a second account. Remember that it will mean double charges. I would try not to use the same devices, if for no other reason than do you want to sign in and out all the time? Regarding adding devices to new account you should be able to add 4 on same day you take out new subscription.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User As you state, you can have up to 4 boxes/apps per account. However each box/app can only be registered to a single account. So if your idea is to have a box using one account for entertainment and another account for movies at the same time, then it won't work. 

There is nothing against having one account for, say, entertainment and another just for movies, each account with their own set of boxes. Of course you then have to administer two accounts and remember which box is on which account. Labels stuck on the top of each box would help there. There is also the aggravation of swapping the boxes every time you change what you want to watch.

Also unless you have 4 boxes on each account or set the payment pin, one of your family could, for example, start watching a movie on an enterainment box therefore staring a second movie subscription.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Mark_Weinreb @Anonymous User @4268

Hi Mark

I think you are spot on, having two accounts is possible but could end up as a nightmare to administer.

For example, there are lots of people who have visited this forum complaining about problems they have due to their inability to control the two accounts they have.

I wish @SillyCar luck if the decision is made to go down this "two accounts"route.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for all of the replies. It looks like it might be time to set up an addional account for the kids* and keep the main one for us adults.

* adult daughters who could pay for it themselves...

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks for all of the replies. It looks like it might be time to set up an addional account for the kids* and keep the main one for us adults.

Quite a lot of people do this.

And don't forget to set-up a PIN code so the little treasures can't purchase the Entertainment, Cinema and Sports services Smiley Surprised