cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV SCAM

Hello

Has anyone else been caught out by the NOW TV Scam?

Let me explain. You buy a NOW TV box which can come with say 3 months free entertainment subscription. However to use it you need to set up an account , during which you are asked for your credit/debit card details. I believe they say they wont charge you. However after 3 months your free subscription ends, and because auto renew is configured by default you are the charged  £6.99 for a month. You do have the option to cancel the subscription during the free trial which will switch off auto renew, but how many people know this? 3 months is a long time, how many people forget and then get charged £6.99 a month until they check there bank?

I brought this up with the NOW TV via webchat and got a scripted bull%$£" response.

Please be warned.

21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I bought online and think this was not at all clear. In my case a "month pass" clearly sounds like a one off month purchase. The emails they send could be much clearer. They look more like adverts.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

The NOW TV media streaming service, is primarily a monthly 'roll-over' subscription service. With an option to cancel at anytime!

According to 'NOW TV's Terms & Conditions' (which you should have read), if you do not officially cancel the individual NOW TV services you've subscribed to they will 'roll on' automatically prior to any 'free trial', 'promo offer or 'monthly voucher pass' subscription expiring.

After officially cancelling each one of your subscriptions (by accessing the 'My Passes' area of your 'My Account'), NOW TV will send confirmation by email.

Sufficed to say, asking your bank or credit/debit card company to stop making payments or replacing your debit/credit card does not provide official confirmation to NOW TV that you no longer require their services. Neither does not watching/accessing the NOW TV service!

Cheers