cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Money taken from account without authorisation

Through the recent Chromecast offer I added the three months entertainment pass to an existing Now TV account I haven't used in a while. It applied suucesfully. On the home page there was an option to add 30 days free trial for the movie pass. I took that out and immediately cancelled so that after the free trial I would not be charged. However I have just looked at my bank statement and have been charged £8.99 for the trial which was meant to be free. At no point during the sign up process did it mention that the free trial wasn't free and that I would be charged. For online purchases using my bank card I always have to go through the verified by visa step. This didn't even happen. I've spoken to someone on the live chat and they insist that I've been charged because its an existing account rather than a new one. They couldn't offer an explanation as to why in that case was I offered the free trial and why at any point wasn't I told that I would be charged for the 'free' trial as it was an existing account.
75 REPLIES 75
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User personally I do not think Now are at fault here so are under no obligation to refund you.  In your chat you do not at any point tell the Now chat people that you cancelled the service.  If you had and the cancellation had not gone through properly then maybe you would have had grounds for a refund.  The very fact your daughter was able to use the service shows that it was active or that she activated it. What device was she using?  As for Now being able to take from an expired card, I believe that is a feature of continuous payment authority that allows payment authorisation to roll from one card to another.  Was the card that expired in 2014 replaced by another with the same bank.  You'll find the same with insurance payments on cards.   You probably won't like the fact I agree with Ruth from Now in this instance.  I would put a payment pin on the account just in case and remove the device your daughter is using so as she cannot decide to watch a movie on sky movies. 

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I used the 14 day trail pack for my son and then cancelled it on the 14th day. But iv still been charged with £6.99 to my credited card.
How do I go about getting my money back and also make sure that the account is cancelled.

Not happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Welcome to forums

It's possible that you cancelled after payment had been activated

You need LIVE CHAT

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Cancelled-but-still-being-charged and click Contact Us in blue box at bottom left

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've just checked my online banking and realised the last 2 months I have had money taken out by now TV / Sky I have never had any email that money will be taken out of my bank account why did I bother buying a voucher I thought it was like having pay-as-you-go Sky TV not by voucher when it runs out we will still charge you every month £10 without any email notification well thank you very much NOW TV please can you delete all of my account details all of my billing details and cancel any other possible details of mine and bills you might think about sending me without my consent as I see people have trouble on here deleting their accounts

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Have a look @Anonymous User's post above

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No good I want my account completely deleted turning off auto renew doesn't mean anything I want the actual account deleted removed from the system as NOW TV never sent me any emails texts or calls to say they would be withdrawing any monies out of my bank account

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

No good I want my account completely deleted turning off auto renew doesn't mean anything I want the actual account deleted removed from the system as NOW TV never sent me any emails texts or calls to say they would be withdrawing any monies out of my bank account

Hi @Anonymous User

I know you meant that. The best way to do that is to use live chat as a member of staff would need to do this for you. Click on the link but in @Anonymous User's post above, then scroll down to the bottom of the page. Click" contact us and then click "live chat". (It is recommended you use a desktop PC, laptop PC or Mac to do this)

Hope that helps Smiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Never ever use Now Tv they are stealing money from people! I cancelled a movie pass last month and I was charged again yesterday. I won a free movie pass for two months the day after I cancelled and have been using that but there is no way I should've been charged after cancelling the pass I was paying for. When I first signed up I had three different payments taken out over two months and they were no help at all at trying to get a refund. I've contacted them this morning as I'm not happy at all and now I'm going to have to contact the bank to try and get them to stop payments coming off my card. They are a pack of gangsters!!! The amount of people who have been swindled out of money by them is unreal
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum Pam50,

People having multiple NOW TV accounts appears the source of most customers problems such as this. Especially when they don't cancel their subscriptions using the 'active account'... Ideally your 'forum' user name should the same as your NOW TV 'device' user name.

I suggest you access the forums 'live chat' facility (between 08:00-24:00Hrs), preferably by using a Windows or Mac computer (not a mobile device) and explain your requirements to them.

Click on the following: Manage my account link. 

• Scroll down to the 'Contact Us' button (on the bottom left of the web page) and click on it.
  • A new web page should open up with the 'Live Chat' button at the top right of the page.
  • Click on the 'Live Chat' button and a new window should open up, with a range of drop-down options and a 'Request Chat' button.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

I will send you an email soon.

Thanks

Andy