cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

50% of merlin tickets - no voucher

Anybody else bought a pass and received the voucher for 2 half price tickets to merlin attractions? The help desk don't seem to have a clue what they're doing and keep sending me links to random websites and enter codes they haven't sent me. Customer service score so far zero out of 10.
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous User
Not applicable

That should say HAVEN'T received the vouchers.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Not sure if you have read this guide article about the Merlin Entertainment promotion.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/merlin-entertainments-free-pass-offer

What it doesn't say in the article is if the NowTV voucher pass code is given to you when you order / buy the tickets or the NowTV voucher promo code is given at the main entrance gates of the participating Merlin Attractions. 

I never taken up the promo offer so i don't know the procedure myself sorry, but hopefully either a NowTV Forum Team member will advise you or perhaps one of our forum members who have taken up the Merlin offer will confirm how you obtain the NowTV offer code.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Sorry ignore my above post, this is the Merlin help article linked below for the 50% discount (my bad) Smiley Sad

Just disregard the above posted message which was the wrong Merlin promo offer.

This is the correct one.

Have you waited 72 hours for the email NowTV code ?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/half-price-merlin-entertainments-tickets

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep. I've already read all the articles, and it's been 2 weeks since I bought the pass. I've been on to them 3 times and have been told:

1. It'll be with you in 72 hours.

2. I'll escalate it and get it sorted.

3. Take it up with Merlin.

4. Go to another website and enter my code (which they haven't sent me).

I just wondered if anyone else had this issue, or if I'm unique and they've just made an admin error that they don't have a clue how to solve (duh, send me my unique code seems the most simple solution). I wonder if the Help desk actual are Now TV or just an outsourced company following the manual.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

There is a page that details how this works, and it states that the voucher codes will be emailed within 72 hours of purchase. That was 2 weeks ago. I contacted help desk thinking they would simply verify my purchase and arrange for the codes to be sent out. Since then I've been assured I would receive the email within 72 hours, I haven't. Then told my case had been escalated and should be resolved soon. Their resolution was to contact Merlin, which is ridiculous, why would I contact Merlin to tell them Now TV hadn't sent me a discount code? Then another email suggesting I go to another website and enter my unique voucher code, which they haven't sent me. I'm frustrated because what should be so simple seems to be turning into an Everest Now TV can't climb. And when I ask how I can make a formal complaint I get sent around in the same circle.

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User they come via email. I had some this month so I know it works.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The problem is they haven't come by email - and it's now been 2 weeks since I bought the pass. You'll see from my other responses that I've been round and round trying to get someone to simply email me the voucher codes with no success and I just wondered if this was common or if they've just made an error with mine that they're struggling to correct, although how hard can it be?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User They were supposed to email existing users who had active passes with a code as well but I've not received one so some people must be slipping through the net. I've not chased it up as its not something I need but if I do end up being sent one I'll let you know and you can have mine.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cheers Andy. They were supposed to email vouchers to account holders with active passes that had subscribed to promotion emails. That didn't include me as I didn't have an active pass, but the promotion encouraged me to buy a new cinema pass as we'll be near Alton Towers on our holiday. I was careful to check the T&Cs, and they have already confirmed that I had made the purchase and that I did qualify. That's why I'm struggling to understand why they don't simply send me my code. It would be great if a NOW TV employee actually read and responded to this. I'm now wondering which formal body I should complain to when a company fails to honour a promotional offer.