cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Upset

payments

I am being charged 3 times a month for accounts I didn’t sign up to nor use. I entered a free trial once, had a look around, never bothered since, never use account yet  £23 per month is being taken for 3 separate charges. Seems I’m not the only one either the chat is full of same comments so clearly this is tactical and you must re making thousands from unsuspected people. Shameful. Also in cancelling your the only streaming device that continues to take payments when cancelled. I do get it, your sadly trailing behind giants like Netflix and Amazon n need to steal from people to make profit. I have instructed my bank not to accept any further payments. I won’t attempt refunds for the 6 months you have been charging as customers have already said you never reply. Horrendous behaviour.

3 REPLIES 3
redchiz1
Champion 2

@Upset 

They don't reply on here, but they assuredly will if you use the green Chat online button near the top of the page here

RoyB
Legend

@Upset 

There are no longer any ‘no strings’ free trials, except of Hayu, and I doubt you bought that.

But what you managed to do was see the words ‘free trial’ on an offer of 6 months discounted Entertainment, for immediate payment, which came with 7-day free trials of Cinema and Boost.

Free trials which, if you didn’t cancel during the trial, would also turn into paid subscriptions 7 days after the original purchase, and which they duly did.

Thing is, Now got your agreement to those trials with extra lines on the form you signed up to for Entertainment. And the extra lines had preticked boxes, which you probably didn’t notice, as few people do. And I find this a reprehensible practice, which I wish Now would stop doing.

But while a lot of people complain about these extras, they do at least realise that they have signed up for Entertainment; and this, at least, is made about as clear as I think it can be.

And it took you six months to spot - oh dear.

But if you get on to Now and explain, you might well hope to get three months back, if you haven’t used the services at all (they can tell) as per the following link, which leads you to direct contact with Now (via a tiny green circle with a v in it, so keep your eyes peeled for that when you have made your initial choices):-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-contact-now

Avoid ‘Get Help Quicker’ there; the Nowbot, while it means well, doesn’t know its own limitations, and it won’t help you once you get to this stage. Also, don’t choose Request a Refund, even if that is what you want, as that will only deliver you to the Nowbot; pick something else.

As per ignoring your cancels? Did you get an email for each of these? If you didn’t, you probably didn’t go far enough to complete the process.

So maybe you didn’t cancel completely? There are four steps, and you need to go through them all. And you should get an email, confirming cancellation. But go into Manage Account/Now Membership, and make sure than none of the memberships you thought you had cancelled are offering Cancel Membership. If they are, repeat the Cancel.

The other possibility is that you have another account that you are being charged for memberships on. This you can check, as far as is possible, with

https://help.nowtv.com/article/cancelled-but-still-being-charged

another useful option from the very fine Help.

The last thing I should mention is that when you say ‘you’, you aren’t addressing Now; there are no Now staff on here, just your fellow customers. And we haven’t got the thousands you think Now are making from people getting charged more than they bargained for 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Upset 

See this link and it will explain why you won't get staff replying to you.
https://community.nowtv.com/t5/help/faqpage/title/what-is-community-for

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help