cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tony_2
Advocate

payment in advance

I don't want sports membership but my kids do. I told them they could have it if they pay. They want to pay for 12 months in one go. Can I credit 12m payments to my account, or does it always have to be paid monthly?

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Tony_2 

In the past NOW did do a NOW Sports Membership offer where you could pay the full amount up front for the full length of the offer.

I haven't seen these Sports offers for a while, where the only recent Sports offers are paid monthly.

RoyB
Legend

@Tony_2 

Collect the 12 months payment from your kids, put it in your account, and let it dribble out monthly to Now.

From time to time - even from day 1! - start the process of cancelling the Sports membership. Chances are you will get a retention offer at better than the headline price. If so, accept it, and tell your kids they now have fifteen months of coverage, or whatever the new lowered rate for however long buys them.

Should be worth a few Dad points 😛

Also note, though, that you are limited to one stream unless you have, or buy, Boost, £6 per month, when you and they can share up to three simultaneous streams. If you don’t have Boost already, best factor this in somewhere.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.