cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Overcharged1111
Advocate

Terrible Customer Care, Overcharges, Would ot recommend

I signed up for NowTv at £9.99 a month,  Now TV took money for other options that I never agreed to from my account. This is devious and I would encourage anyone looking at buying Now Tv to keep an eye on their bank accounts for extra money being take.  I am thoroughly disappointed.  Having used more transparent streaming services such as Netflix I now know it's better to stick with them and avoid Now Tv.  Futher, the customer service experience is as abysmal.  The bot link broke and there was no resulotion via the chat option despite trying numerous times after the inial link broke.  Clearly the profit Now Tv makes from extra charges that customers are unaware of are not being used to enhance customer services.  Again my experience when accessing customer support with Netflix has been positive. I have actually been able to soeak with a human being at Netflix!  Overall experience of NotwTV: Now TV take the money, they take extra money and fail to offer an accssible service.  If people are looking for a streaming service to donate echaritable extra money to then Now Tv is the one for you.

6 REPLIES 6
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Overcharged1111 

To be fair you can speak to a human as you put it, simply through live chat. Not 'Get help quicker' at that's the bot you're talking about.

To speak with staff via live chat. Make sure you're signed in and hit the 'How to get in touch' drop down.
https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/tv/cancel-or-renew-membership

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Overcharged1111
Advocate

Thanks.  tried this option too. The 'get help quicker' option also fails. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Overcharged1111 

That's why the 'Get help quicker' is the bot and my post stated this.

Are you clicking the 'How to get in touch' drop down? When you do you should see a big green box that stays 'Chat Online'. See below screenshot.

Screenshot 2023-09-20 at 14.37.11.png

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Overcharged1111
Advocate

I did eventually get through to customer service and they agreed to refund the costs.  Happy for above post to be removed in light of this now as I am unable to do so. I have to say as a customer when charges are unexpected and customer service is inaccessible it makes the situation worse.  Anyhow sorted now and thanks for your responses. 

RoyB
Legend

@Overcharged1111 

Technically, you did agree to those extra charges, because Now snuck the equivalent of preticked boxes for them onto the form on which you agreed to buy the one thing you thought you were buying.

Yes, it’s underhand. Which Now know, because they are quick to refund anyone who notices and complains.

The paradox is that if Now used such a method to get you to accept cookies, it would be an egregious breach of GDPR, and bring the wrath of the Information Commissioner down on their heads; and yet they can use it to obtain unexpected money from you with apparent impunity 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RoyB
Legend

@Overcharged1111 @gavs82008 

Good news…..

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Account-Billing/Misleading-and-hidden-charges-process-with-boost/m-p/...

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.