cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Janine
Mentor

Telephone

Does anyone know how to find out what the landline number is? 

11 REPLIES 11
RoyB
Legend

@Janine 

Ring your mobile from it, and see what number comes up, quickly shutting it down before it replies.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Janine
Mentor

I don’t have a phone plugged in. 

redchiz1
Champion 2

Two thoughts. First, why worry? Second, NOW will have you given you your number during the sign up process, so check your emails from that period. 

RoyB
Legend

@Janine 

OK then, I hope you aren’t paying Now extra for a telephone service you can’t use, as the cost of the landline is included in the broadband price.

And now, like @redchiz1, I’m wondering what you need the telephone number for?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Janine
Mentor

I’m trying to change my broadband and they ask for my landline number. I’ve not even thought about it until now. I’ve looked through my emails and bills and there isn’t a number on there. Am I being a bit…….? I should have a number if I pay for a landline, shouldn’t I? 😂😂 I’m not so sure now 🤔

redchiz1
Champion 2

Ah, fair point, hadn't thought of that! Give the broadband support team a call on 0330 332 3050 and they should oblige.

Although bear in mind that you don't need to switch an existing landline number when changing providers, you can simply choose the option of being provided with a new one. And most Full Fibre providers offer data only services with no requirement for a phone number at all. 

Jayach
Elite 3

When signing up to the new provider you can select to get a new number, and it's no longer necessary to have a telephone number for broadband, there are broadband only providers. Mostly they will be Full Fibre suppliers.

redchiz1
Champion 2

Is there an echo in here?  😉

RoyB
Legend

@redchiz1 wrote:

Is there an echo in here?  😉

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery 😛