cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TA1
Mentor

Sharing account with my girlfriend

Hi,

my girlfriend recently moved to a new address and I want to know if she can continue to use my account? It will be a different IP address and everything. Or do we need to set up a new account for her at her new address? Thanks for the advice.

6 REPLIES 6
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@TA1 

Account for what exactly? TV streaming or broadband?

If it’s TV streaming all you need to do is log in and off you go. One massive note is NOW only allows 1 stream at a time unless you have boost.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-boost

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
TA1
Mentor

Thanks for the reply. It just TV and I have boost so should be good.

RoyB
Legend

@TA1 

Can? Yes.

Should? No, not according to the Now T&Cs, which only allow one household, at one address, to use one account.

Something Netflix are now clamping down on, though Now have not followed them down that road.

But bear it in mind if either of you ever needs support from Now for any reason.

As @gavs82008 avers though, you are going to need Boost if you both want to watch at once.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
TA1
Mentor

Thanks for the reply I’ll check the T&C’s don’t want to get band. Rather just pay for 2 accounts

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@TA1 

Don’t worry about it, I share NOW with my father-in-law and he certainly doesn’t live with us!

That said it is indeed your choice if you want to create two accounts for you both. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@RoyB 

Disney did say they were going to follow suit. However I have a feeling they are waiting to see if they gain more subs with the ad tier being launched at a reduced cost.