Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One tenant moving house but they're the one in the house share the internet account is with

Hi, I am the account holder for our internet in our houseshare. I am moving out, and we are trying to figure out how to transfer the account for the house from my name/details to one of my housemates and the phone queue was too long for my patience, does anyone know how to do that? On the one hand I'm tempted to fill out a moving house form as I do want to use now internet in my new place, but I also don't want to leave my current housemates in the lurch internet wise


Can it be done by changing the payment/billing details to someone else's credit card?

Scholar 2


Payment details can be changed so that someone else's credit card will be charged but the name on the account cannot be changed as this is the person who 'signed' the contract with NOW. I don't recommend just changing the payment details as you will still be personally liable for payment if in the future someone stops paying without cancelling, and you could be none the wiser until a bailiff finally tracks you down with a big fat bill. If you are still within your minimum 12 months term then do as you suggest and submit a moving home request, or if out of contract either do that or simply cancel.

I appreciate your are trying to help out your housemates but there isn't likely to be a workaround for this.

Legend 5
Legend 5


See if this is of help for right to transfer.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Scholar 2


That article is related to customers' rights under GDPR, in this instance the 'transfer' element is regarding your right to data portability, i.e. moving your personal data elsewhere, not transferring an account to another person.