cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sophiab123

Scammed

I had a now TV subscription in the past and only wanted it really for one month. I did not sign up for a 6 month commitment subscription yet I am being charged for and will be until March. I have been on the chat with customer service and they were useless, insinuating that I signed up for that which I didn't. And in the confirmation email of my subscription it doesn't mention anywhere at all that this is a 6 month commitment plan - even in the fine print terms and conditions it is not mentioned anywhere. I have requested a refund as this is against my consumer rights as I did not sign up for this and it is not mentioned anywhere on my confirmation email. The customer service chat worker, was not helpful. I have left a negative review on trust pilot as this is such a scam. I will be taking it further with the charted trading standards institute as this is a complete disregard for consumer rights.

4 REPLIES 4
redchiz1
Champion 2

You haven't been scammed, you just didn't read the terms of the offer properly. If you feel dissatisfied with the way customer services have treated you then raise a formal complaint:

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@sophiab123 

ALL offers apart the sports on the offers section of the website comes with a 6 month minimum term, the offer T&C and it is up to you to read the fine print of the offer. In these cases they are clearly stated as @redchiz1 mentioned.

https://www.nowtv.com/offers

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
sophiab123

@gavs82008 There wasn't anything in the terms and conditions like that when I signed up and nothing in the confirmation email about it

RoyB
Legend

@sophiab123 

No ‘6 month minimum term’ then, like Sports, Entertainment and Cinema & Entertainment here?

IMG_1278.jpeg

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.