cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Undertaker
Mentor

Possible 2nd account.

Hello all.

I'm looking at possibly setting up an account for my Son but I can't find where to set up one in his name.

Is it possible to do so?

He's not always with me and I'm not giving him my account details and password and want him to have his own.

He turns 19 in a few weeks and is due to go away for 6 months as part of his College course and he wants to watch just like I do, I'm hoping I can get answers as to how to successfully set up 2nd account for my Son to watch.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Undertaker 

He needs to give you his email and password of his choosing to create the account. Outside of that absolutely nothing to stop another account being created. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
redchiz1
Champion 2

@Undertaker 

I would phrase it differently from @gavs82008.

You, or your son can set up any number of accounts quickly and easily. The key point is the payment card which has to be registered and who takes responsibility for that.

Personally, I am happy to share my account details with trusted family members. Apart from my payment PIN of course, which means they couldn't change anything anyway. 

RoyB
Legend

@Undertaker 

Both paths - sharing your account remotely, and funding a separate one for him - are fraught with issues.

How much are you thinking of funding him for? Cinema? Entertainment? Sports? Boost? Hayu? That lot could run you out £65 a month. And if you are up for that, fine.

But if you are thinking less than the whole gamut, better to let him take out the account in his own right, and you fund him, separately, the £10 or £20 a month, or whatever, that you intend he should spend on Now, by standing order, and let him pay for his Now himself.

Before his fine new college friends stiff you both with an unlooked-for Sports subscription, perhaps 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.