cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MerlinMurat
Advocate

5 times charge in a month

Hi,

I registered Now TV online on 24th Dec 2023 with 7 days of trial. Since than I charged 5 times.

24 Dec 23 - 6.99 GBP
31 Dec 23 - 9.99 GBP
1 Jan 24 - 6 GBP
24 Jan 24 - 6.99 GBP
31 Jan 24 - 9.99 GBP

On the main page it says:
"ENTERTAINMENT 6 MONTH SAVER
Just £6.99 a month
6 month minimum term. Includes 7 day free trials of Cinema & Boost - cancel anytime."

I don't understand why my card is charged so much. I live alone and no one else uses the service. I couldn't find a place I could reach to request the refund. I keep getting the chatbot option to talk to, but it gets stuck after the first message.

Anyone can help me please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@MerlinMurat 

Also you weren't charged 5 times in a month. Each membership will be billed a month apart. So you were charged correctly on the appropriate dates. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@MerlinMurat 

The cinema and boost are charged at £9.99 and £6, if you didn't want them it was up to you to cancel them. ALL memberships outside the day membership automatically renew unless cancelled.

The offers page T&C also state that you will be charged the above unless you cancel them before the trial finishes. 

Don't use the Request for a Refund, as this will always lead you to the bot. Use this link and the 'How to get get in touch' drop down for live chat. Make sure to be signed in. 
https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/tv/vouchers-and-offers

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@MerlinMurat 

Also you weren't charged 5 times in a month. Each membership will be billed a month apart. So you were charged correctly on the appropriate dates. 

MerlinMurat
Advocate

@gavs82008 Thanks for the answer. I don't understand why the others are added if I only choose the 6.99 GBP per month offer. I've just cancelled the other options, so hopefully they won't be reactivated.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@MerlinMurat 

The offer does say they come with the extra memberships and you had the option to remove them. Granted what NOW should be doing is asking if you wanted these free trials and if you did to add them to your basket. 

Have a full read of what boost gives you. Personally I couldn't live without it and play the cancel game as you will be given discounted rates for retention as its the only reason I still have it as I am paying £2 a month and have been for 18+ months.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-boost

RoyB
Legend

@MerlinMurat 

Now preticks those free trials on the form where you agree to the Entertainment. Then if you don’t notice and cancel them, they turn into further paid memberships.

If they pulled that stunt with getting your agreement to cookies, GDPR would be down on them like a ton of bricks.

And the sooner the same stringent ‘informed consent’ practices are required by law when signing up to things that can lighten our pockets, the better 😠

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.