cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mitch77

Now Booster

I have cancelled my membership but I keep getting charged for now booster and I cant seem to find an option for cancelling this. Please help. 

2 REPLIES 2
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Mitch77 

It never has been called ‘booster’ it is simply ‘boost. 

When you cancelled what membership did you cancel? 

Boost is a separate membership and not a “bolt-on” your account. Which means that it too needs to be cancelled. 

Where did you take out your original membership(s)? If it was through the website it will be managed there, if it was the app then it will be managed by the App Store such as google or iTunes. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Mitch77 @gavs82008 

If you have Boost and you cancel your only membership or all your memberships, then it makes sense to cancel Boost at the same time.

But if you don’t, then Boost will cease on the next Boost renewal date where no other memberships are present.

There’s a corner case, though, where you cancel your membership(s), but they are still running until what would have been their next renewal date before ceasing, and the Boost renewal date comes up during this run-out period. In this case, it will renew even though all your memberships are cancelled because one or more of them has not actually expired yet.

e.g. Cancel Cinema 14 October, runs until next renewal date 25th October, Boost comes up for renewal 19 October, say, sees the Cinema membership still present, even though it’s cancelled, and Boost will renew. But at next renewal, 19 November, with no other memberships now running, it will stop without further charge.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.