cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kuepper
Scholar

Not responding to complaint of overcharging

I asked on the phone how to make a complaint and the guy just said he'd made a note of it and his manager would respond by email or text within a few days. That was a month ago and i've heard nothing. I can't see any email for customer services and don't want to phone as I'll be racking up costs that might end up being more than I'm owed. How do you complain ? I looked at Ofcom website and it says I can't complain until i've exhausted Now's complaints procedure but how can i do that when they aren't responding??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
redchiz1
Champion 2

46 REPLIES 46
kuepper
Scholar

Sorry I thought I'd replied to you about this, yes I had made a mistake in the address and I resent it on 27th at 07.49 but i've had nothing back from Now not even acknowledgement of receipt so I have no reference.

redchiz1
Champion 2

Check your spam/junk folders. 

kuepper
Scholar

I check spam every day

redchiz1
Champion 2

@kuepper wrote:

BTW the Web form mentioned in another post doesn't work. It won't accept whatever you put as the subject so it doesn't let you submit the form

You should be able to choose any of the options from the dropdown menu, what are you seeing?

Screenshot 2023-07-26 at 14.56.04.png

kuepper
Scholar

I got that dropdown menu and chose 'something else'. but at next page you have to insert a 'subject' and don't get any drop down menu  options 

redchiz1
Champion 2

Once you have chosen "Something else" you then get a freeform box in which you type your message. Then scroll to the bottom and click Send.

Screenshot 2023-07-26 at 23.25.08.png

kuepper
Scholar
  • Yes but when I click send a new page opens saying something has gone wrong please enter something in the SUBJECT box  but when I do that the same page just reappears. If I knew how to upload a screenshot I could show you
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@kuepper 

Daft question, have you tried it with another browser or deleting the browser cookies?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Jayach
Elite 3

@kuepper wrote:

I was on a rolling contract with Nowtv broadband and anytime calls that could be cancelled anytime. I decided to switch to another provider after Now notified me they were increasing my monthly charge. The switch happened just after Now took my last payment. 

Did you let the gaining provider close your now account? If so Now should refund the unused portion.

If you cancelled Now yourself, you have to give 30 days notice, so no refund will be due.

That's my understanding of how the Ofcom switching service works.

kuepper
Scholar

I didn't have to give any notice the switch was done with my new provider. Now have told me on 3 occasions they'd refund me but they haven't