cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
At
Advocate

My credit will expire

Hello has anyone been told they have credit on their account and it is going to expire?

I have £150 credit and been told in January it will expire but now customer service cant help me extend this time or refund..... how can anyone spend that in the given time?

Anyone else had the same experience?

6 REPLIES 6
RoyB
Legend

@At 

ITFBOFS?

Spoiler
Is This For Broadband Or For Streaming?
Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
At
Advocate

Hello and thank you for your reply, however I put the money in the account and want to use the money but now only offer a 6 month contract with monthly payments...... which means after 2 months now will expire my credit effectively keeping my money 

RoyB
Legend

@At 

Please help me to understand your issue. Is this for broadband or streaming? It sounds like streaming; but that can go on for as long as you like, month on month, on several memberships (Entertainment, Cinema, Sports, Boost, even Hayu).

So what are you subscribed to? And how much (if you don’t mind me asking) is your credit balance?

And a bit late now to ask, perhaps, but why build a credit, instead of just paying month by month?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
At
Advocate

Hello thanks again for the reply. 

Yes it is streaming and I applied the credit of £150 via voucher a few years ago.... I also did the same on another account of mine but haven't been given a credit expires email from now.

The email said 36 months after deposit or last used the credit will expire in January 2024 ( as I said the other account that I have been using hasn't been given a deadline) I asked now if I use some credit will I get more time and they said no ( eventhough that is in their terms ) 

I dont watch sports so movies and entertainment is what I want.

A few years ago when I applied this credit they used to offer 12month one off payment at a reduced price which is why I did it, however not anymore..... they only offer 6 months but it's not a one off payment it is taken out each month which means in January my account will be set to zero eventhough I have credit with them.

I have asked for them to take payment for 6 months they say they cant, the offer no way for me to spend this money in the time and the kicker is I specifically asked them last year will my credit expire and they said no.

Basically customer service dont want to help and I have made complaints with no reply but I still have no way to spend £150 on just streaming ( since they wont let me spend it in another way or even refund as it's a voucher deposit. 

I hope that helps

RoyB
Legend

@At 

Thanks, I understand now. It doesn’t actually cost Now anything to give you a £150 voucher, except maybe the lost opportunity cost from you buying the streaming retail, but it would cost them to give you the money, so I can see why they won’t.

I reckon you should buy something, anything, with the voucher, and see if that doesn’t extend the expiry like it’s supposed to, as I suspect it may be an automatic process, not a manual one.

At
Advocate

Thank you again. 

Yeah that is exactly what I was thinking, there is no reason for them to not give me more time since I will be using the service and they dont lose anything since I didnt want a refund and I want to stay a now customer but obviously if they take £150 from my account then I will seriously consider avoiding anything nowtv related. 

I did ask about using some of the credit but customer service said it wouldnt work but they also didnt have any way of helping or suggesting a way to help they simply said " I'm sorry I wish I could help " ...... it's not their fault I get that but I just wish they had the power to give me a solution.

I was hoping for some sort of black Friday deal that would take a chunk of the money out but that hasn't materialized so I have just gone for one of their offers for 6 months at £2.99 and like you say maybe it will be a automatic process fingers crossed they honor their own terms and conditions ( I have the email to prove it to them too )

Thanks for your help and maybe this will be sorted