cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karen2233
Mentor

More than fed up with adverts

I  subscribe to the sports and I'm more than p***ed off with the amount of ads its not good enough for what I pay 

14 REPLIES 14
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@RoyB 

Already done that 😝

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Katietoerag 

Yes, but do you realise who you are complaining to? Just your fellow customers, on this customer to customer community.

If you want your complaint to have any traction, you have to complain to Now, not to us.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
redchiz1
Champion 2

@Katietoerag 

As I mentioned earlier, Sky Sports has been carrying adverts on live, subscription coverage ever since first launched back in 1991. Have you only just noticed?

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Karen2233 in addition to what @gavs82008 has said, adverts during live broadcasts are regulated by OFCOM and cannot exceed an average of 7 minutes per hour during any 24 your period.

There is no more advertising on Sky Sports than there is on ITV etc.

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

I agree. I have had Sky sports for 30 years and I don't know why there are adverts given how much I pay.  TNT Sports is exactly the same and I have paid a small fortune for that in it's many guises.  By way of comparison advertising on Amazon Prime and Eurosport is minimal.

My advice is to get a Now TV stick, pause the event at the start, make some tea or coffee, come back and fast forward through all the adverts and analysis. Oh and hide your mobile so your friends don't tell you the latest score, but everyone using Now TV should know that given the 60 second lag.