cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blackcloud13
Advocate

How can I stop Now TV from downgrading my Netflix account

I have a Netwflix account which I pay for separately.  Every few months, NowTV (or some other mysterious force!) barges in and odwngrades my account.  Netflix swaer they cannot do anything as my account is being paid for by Sky.  I assume they mean Now TV (as I don't have Sky).

So -  question is;  if you are auto paying and overriding my Netflix account;  can you stop please?   Alternatively; is there any other type of Netflix account you support

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
RoyB
Legend

@blackcloud13 

Now doesn’t support your Netflix account, and nor does it impinge on it.

Netflix is bundled by Sky though, but only as part of a Sky account, which you say you don’t have.

Or maybe by BT; are you on BT TV, which offers both Netflix and Now, but as separate things?

Otherwise, look up your Netflix account details - which, IIRC, you have to do in a browser rather than via  the Netflix app - and see if that sheds any light.

I would suggest that perhaps the cleanest thing to do would be unsubscribe, and then resubscribe with a brand new Netflix account when the old one expires. But to do that, you will need to know where the existing one is…

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.