cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andover
Advocate

Billing

Need URGENT help but being kept holding on phone. Email from Now saying at renewal on 12th October there would be no increase and the monthly cost would be £31.50. Now they have put on our account that they will be taking £46.50 on 12 October. Why? How do we get help? NOT impressed. Why email and give one price, meaning we were not leaving then change it without telling us? URGENT help required before we have money effectively taken without our consent. We will be contacting our bank to let them know that we are NOT authorising this. NOW please respond URGENTLY

2 REPLIES 2
RoyB
Legend

@Andover 

If you are holding for Now Broadband support, that is the best and only thing you can do in the circumstances.

An £8 jump we could explain as the operation of a slightly sneaky discount withdrawal. The rest might be phone calls, made by you, or erroneously ascribed to you.

Or it might be something else; but we are all just fellow-customers here, with no access to your billing information.

Only Now themselves, who I presume you are holding for, have the inside skinny.

But when you find out, it will be helpful if you can post their explanation here, so we can better advise the next punter along….

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
starbuck
Advocate

same here, I've had no emails from NOW but just happened to be sorting my finances out and went online to check my membership and saw the next payment is going to be £30.50 when I only pay £23.50 a month! Apparently it's to bring my payments in line??? Like RoyB said, I think it's a sneaky discount removal. I'll be challenging this also and if they want to put it up then I'll go elsewhere