cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had enough!! Somebody help me!!

I resigned my contract for another year and was offered now entertainment for £4.99 so I thought Yes, ill have that. Its been 5 days and I still haven't received my activation email. I have web chatted and phoned 3 times and each time i am told they have re sent it and i get nothing. What's more annoying is that it says Activated but when i log in it isn't!! Grrrrrr 

I think i just want to get rid of it now, any one got any idea what to do as clearly TalkTalk have no idea!!

@customerservices @nowtv

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Timbobalooba75 

If the Entertainment NOW offer was through TalkTalk then you need to go back to them or try the TalkTalk Community forum.

If under your account it says the Entertainment Membership is active, then has a temporary test would you have Mobile internet data on your phone and see if the Entertainment Membership will play on the NOW App on your phone or perhaps try a wifi hotspot with your other playback devices.

If the Entertainment Membership works via your Mobile internet data by doing a quick test (if you have Mobile internet data) then there might be something blocking the NOW Entertainment Membership such has a VPN or IP address on your Router either pointing outside the UK or can't be seen by the NOW system, where sometimes unplugging the power to the Router for around 30 minutes fixes this.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Timbobalooba75 

Who is your billing for NOW with? As you mentioned Talk Talk.

If it with them you need to go back and pester them.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-do-i-cancel-now

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Timbobalooba75 

If the Entertainment NOW offer was through TalkTalk then you need to go back to them or try the TalkTalk Community forum.

If under your account it says the Entertainment Membership is active, then has a temporary test would you have Mobile internet data on your phone and see if the Entertainment Membership will play on the NOW App on your phone or perhaps try a wifi hotspot with your other playback devices.

If the Entertainment Membership works via your Mobile internet data by doing a quick test (if you have Mobile internet data) then there might be something blocking the NOW Entertainment Membership such has a VPN or IP address on your Router either pointing outside the UK or can't be seen by the NOW system, where sometimes unplugging the power to the Router for around 30 minutes fixes this.

Thank you for your information. That could be right. I will try this as TalkTalk don't seem to want to help 😞

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Timbobalooba75 

I hope you get it sorted (especially if under your online TalkTalk account or under the gear wheel icon Settings on the NOW App on your playback devices it says the Entertainment Membership is active).

Using Mobile internet data with the NOW App on your phone has a quick test to play something (if you have Mobile phone internet data) might point to something blocking the Entertainment Membership on your Router.

Where I have seen this happen in the past if somebody has definitely got a NOW Membership active on their account and are logged into their playback devices with the correct login credentials and sometimes it's a Router IP address location that the NOW system can't identify or thinks your IP is outside of the UK.