cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can't update card details as current is expiring

Been trying to update my payment details but seem to have no way of saving the details, I'm currently not in UK and my current card is expiring before I'm back.
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having exactly the same issue. Put in new credit card information and page just refreshes and payment information is blank, and not updated. Tested with 2 different cards, and two different browsers (cache cleared, cookies deleted, ad-blockers disabled and enabled -as per other forum comments). No Luck. Virgin, please test your website better this is a big fat waste of my time. I'm also not in the UK at the moment which might be relevant.... 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. I suspect being out of the U.K. may be the reason. Not sure if you can access live chat from outside of the U.K. either but you can try them to see. You can get to live chat from the Contact Us page

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch

(expand the Anything Else section at the bottom for options)

The other alternative is if you have someone in your household back in the UK who can update the card for you with your permission. 

I'll tag @Tony-D from the NOW TV Team who might be able to advise what you can do.

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Andy wrote:

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. I suspect being out of the U.K. may be the reason. Not sure if you can access live chat from outside of the U.K. either but you can try them to see. You can get to live chat from the Contact Us page

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch

(expand the Anything Else section at the bottom for options)

The other alternative is if you have someone in your household back in the UK who can update the card for you with your permission. 

I'll tag @Tony-D from the NOW TV Team who might be able to advise what you can do.

Yes @Anonymous User @Anonymous User Not being in the UK is the likely reason. Probably due to the new way we play content abroad and having to have a valid UK card in place during payment while also being in the UK. You could try using a VPN to do this and set your self as being in the UK then changing details.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks both, that makes sense, i'll try for when back in the UK this week! Perhaps dev team could prioritise fixing  this particular exception by displaying an error message or something, rather than just a refreshed page. Edge case perhaps, but would have saved us all a few minutes of our lives! thanks again.