cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

CANCELLATION SCAM

I am furious. A 3 months after cancelling my Sky Sports pass which I used for a month, I saw that Now TV were still taking payments. I logged onto my account for the first time last week to check why and saw that the pass was still renewing each month. I cancelled again. Today I get an e-mail from Now TV saying they signed me up for a "free" 3 month  entertainment pass and that it will auto-renew at £7.99 after! This was done completely without consent! So I instantly log on to my account and see the entertainment pass on but with no subscription. I do still however see that my Sky Sports pass is still not cancelled! 

I try and cancel again and it is still there. I show my colleagues (all techies like me as I work in IT) and it still isn't cancelled. I even video the process as evidence.

I get home and try again, videoing it while I do it. I realise after the first "I still want to cancel" button it takes you to a page that says "That's cool, you can still use your pass until..." and then shows adverts of the channel below. What was not obvious was if you scroll down on the page (you HAVE to scroll down as it is I assume purposefully not visible) that you have another "I still want to cancel" button to further press followed by ANOTHER "I still want to Cancel button" you need to press! That is THREE "I still want to Cancel buttons after the initial "Cancel" Button plus a survey to give a reason why you want to cancel. Five very unclear steps to cancel.

This is clearly misleading! Especially considering where they located the button and the careful wording of "That's Cool" to imply that you had already cancelled when you had not. I am reporting this to whoever will listen and making it as public as possible. This surely goes against trading acts to prevent things like this. I work in IT and am pretty tech savy and generally aware of scams but this is the worst I've seen from such a large company. I am sure I am just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to this.

My demand for a refund had been ignored completely. Not even a response. 

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah I've had this - you press cancel I think 3 times and the final (definite cancel is right at the bottom of the page.  You can't see it unless you scroll down to the bottom hidden under all the ads.  I work in IT too btw.  I've always had positive things to say about Now TV but a lack of trust in fair dealing is creeping in.