cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Windows 10 PC with two user Profiles

Hi, Just updated to windows 10 and changed one of my 4 devices from Internet explorer to the Now TV app (as Edge will not work with Now TV.)

Just signed into my daughters profile on the PC and installed the App but it wont work as there are 4 devices used! this is the same PC, just a different user profile, why cant the app destinguish it is the same PC?

Cheers

Richard

5 REPLIES 5
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at NOW TV. 

Sorry to hear this, we need to get this looked into to understand why this occurs. 

It may just be the way the app recognises the device. As I say we'll get this looked into and get an answer for you. 

If you have any changes are you able to remove a device and see if it adds the PC again? 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi @Anonymous User-f,

If I log into the PC using my own profile the app will work, if I log out and log back in using my daughters profile the app will not work.

the issue as i see it, is that the PC is one device but it can have more than one user profile. obviously only one user can use the PC at any one time, but the app seems to be restricting each user profile on the pc as a device rather than using the IP address or MAC address of the pc (which should be constent regardless of which user profile is eing used).

Cheers

Richard

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Sorry for the delay in getting back in touch. 

We are still looking into this for you. We just need to understand why this occurs. 

I do apologies for any inconvenience this has caused. 

Kind Regards, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

ive got the same problem. is there a fix?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

HI @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear you're getting this too.

There is not currently a work around to this. Each profile would be seen as a different device.

Apologies for any inconvenience this causes.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team