cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Win 10 app stuttering issue with movies.

Just upgraded to Win 10. I use the app but now the movies seem to have a stuttering issue. (Play fine for a minute then pause for a few seconds). They played fine prior upgrade. The PC, although not a all singing all dancing ultra fast PC is capable of using the app (Although on the app store it says the pc does not meet the full specs required. Don't know what's missing!?) It runs Netflix no problems.

Also its connected to the net through a powerline adpater.

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable

HI @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear this.

If your specs don't meet the minimum requirements from Microsoft you may experience some issues. Having said that, can you try uninstalling the app and then re-installing to see if that helps.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Clearly you misread my posting.  Microsoft did not say my pc did not reach requirements, your app did, on the app store.   On Win 8.1 it worked fine.  On Win 10 this app does not work, correctly,  for me anymore.

And yes I did re-install it.  Since I have no trouble playing videos or using Netflix I can only assume that the app is at fault.  And not the PC.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for posting back, out of interest if you revert back to Windows 8.1 does the content work like it did before? Is this the only platform you have issues with? 

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Going by the trouble i went through to update to Windows 10, I don't think i'll be doing it.  Its fine on my PS4, but thats in a different room to the PC.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also get this stuttering but only in fullscreen in the windows app.

By the way, asking someone to change their OS for the sake of a third party app is a dumb move.

That is way too much effort to ask of someone.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am also having this issue with playing anything through the app. And my laptop more than meets the specs.