cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Device limit reached due to windows 10 upgrade.

I'm very annoyed and frustrated, I can't watch any now tv shows after upgrading all the household pcs to windows 10. It keeps telling me I have reached my device limit, even though I have deleted all but one and that one won't let me on. I wanted to cuddle up with the missus tonight and watch a movie for the first time in ages and I'm being prevented from doing so. In an era when most streaming services allow your account to be on multiple devices, this is positively archaic. It says I can't add a new device until February, which luckily is tomorrow. Utterly pathetic!

35 REPLIES 35
Anonymous User
Not applicable

many thanks guys, just got in and thanks to birgit updated pc now able to connect to now.tv 🙂

thanks all

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same problem here............. i was watching on this computer yesterday ??

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oh @Anonymous User

Don't know what you did to that post to get all those comments in it.

If you try your devices now I have resolved the issue for you and sorted out that post 🙂

Cheers

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Andy !!! your a star !! back watching films........................

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thats what I like to hear @Anonymous User

Enjoy 🙂

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem. Cannot watch Now TV because I upgaded to Windows 10 and it shows that my devices have reached limit. Could you Andy reset my account as well?

Thank you

Tibor

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

This should be resolved for you.

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Im on Windows 10 and until last night my PC was working perfectly with NowTv and is on my list of registered devices (just called "PC").

Last night there was a massive Win10 update and when I came to use NowTV, your software doesnt recognise the same pc.

Any chance of you sorting out this issue permanently - ever big Windows update causes this and it gets rather frustrating to get manual intervention every time Microsoft issues core software updates

You could of course use something like a hardware Mac address rather than anything Windows orientated to stop this from happening surely?

I surely cant be the only person who this happens to regularly?

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

This issue would only have been caused if you were using Silverlight to watch now TV previously if you're using Windows 10, then you should now be using the Windows app not Silverlight.

The Windows app can be downloaded from the Microsoft store on Windows 10. The app is downloaded and installed free of charge, but you will need a Microsoft account to install the app. Note the now TV app is seen as a different device to a web browser by now TVs systems, which means you will need to have a device slot/device swap available. The Now TV app is seen as a different device because the Windows app uses different DRM.  The DRM that the Windows app uses is more intelligent, which means large Windows updates/upgrades will not cause your machine to be identified as a different device.

Below is a link that will take you directly to the Windows app.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/store/apps/now-tv/9wzdncrdm157

Oh the Windows app supports 720p HD for on demand content Smiley Wink 

However, if you perform a clean OS install your machine would still be identified as a new device.

From the sounds of it you need to sort out device management issues so that you can switch to the Windows app to do this have a word with live chat. Explain to them that you've been using Silverlight and that you are now on Windows 10 and wish to switch to the Windows app. Once this is done you can swap out the browser playback  for the Windows app.

To get to live chat click here. Then scroll down to the bottom of the article then click the contact us button and then click the live chat button

Hope that helps Smiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User I've now edited my post above to include the link to the help article you can use to get to live chat. Sorry I forgot to put it in originally Smiley Sad

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.