cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

sports not loading from box

sky sports on my pass will not load from box just resets, working on ipad but i want to watch what i have paid for through my TV

278 REPLIES 278
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Problem watching football last night would not connect Refund for wasted pass

Anonymous User
Not applicable

why has this tread been moved to sports board now, this is not a sports problem, this is a box/ system problem.  If i didnt know better I would think that "now Tv/ sky" was trying to burry the problem on another board so as most users dont see the "system fault" dominating the "balck box" board, which would be acompletely underhand tactic to "save face" wouldnt it, if that was the case?

oh silly me, a number of threads have aslo been combined into one, so as to reduce the exposure this could be getting,  I'll be told thats just to "tidy" things up and put the issue all in one place I guess?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User it's just to tidy up. This post was the largest last night with over ten pages. Where as most of the others were two or three posts. By merging, NOW TV can easily get a list of affected users to contact regarding compensation.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

artesea, as much as i love your concern for the community, this is an issue "now tv" needs to address, with one of their representatives.  Being a "board hero" does nothing other than try to defuse the conversation before a "now tv" representative pops up again and uses the "smoke screen" of "we had an issue".  If i didnt know better id start thinging you we're a "now tv" representative masking as a user to be sent to defuse the situation? But i'm just a humble "user", so hey, what do I know!?

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

These boards have been merged together so we can see the number of posts regarding this issue and contain them in one place. 

We've seen that this has impacted our sports customers and we apologise for the inconvenience this has caused. 

This issue has now been resolved so please keep an eye out for future updates.

Thanks, 

Karl

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Will you be compensating customers for last night's issue?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Here's my conversation with Help Desk today:

SaveEnd

Siddhant: Thanks for contacting NOW TV, you are talking to Siddhant. How can I help?
Me: My NOW \tv box was unable to connect to the sports menu yesterday so I was unable to watch the Premier League game between Man City and Newcastle.
Siddhant: Oh! We are aware of that issue! It's really a loss as it was a tight match!
Siddhant: Went for a draw anyways 🙂
Siddhant: Which team were you supporting?
Me: It was an own goal for NOW TV.
Me: Wondering if a) this has been fixed and b) what sort of compensation you are offering
Siddhant: Yes , the issue is now resolved and let me see what best I can do for you.
Siddhant: Sound's like a fair deal?
Me: If you tell me what you are offering I can let you know if it is a fair deal or not
Siddhant: Well, John, the technical team is yet to decide what best compensation needs to be provided.
Me: An extra month access to Sky sports would be fair compensation
Siddhant: I can also see you contacted earlier through community.
Me: I posted on the forum as no one was responding to enquiries from NOW tv last night. That makes it even more of an own goal
Siddhant: Last night, we had a huge number of contacts.
Siddhant: Once they decide on compensation, we'll update that on community.
Me: A month access to Sky sports would be fair compensation
Me: I understand from the forum that you have already compensated some people.
Siddhant: Right.
Siddhant: John,at this moment I won't be able to take a call on compensation.
Me: So why can you not compensate me now?
Me: And my name is not John
Me: Another own goal
Siddhant: Im' sorry for that..
Siddhant: As I already informed, I won't be able to decide on compensation.
Siddhant: It's the technical team who will decide.
Me: But you have just admitted that you have already provided compensation to some people. I would also suggest that it is customer service who should decide on levels of compensation and not technicians
Siddhant: At the moment, I can offer a free Sky Sports Day Pass.
Siddhant: Is that fine?
Me: No
Me: So you can offer compensation...You just said you can't. All this does it make me feel like you are offfering me the minimum. On a customer service basis this makes me feel worse, not better.
Me: You have made me feel more antagonistic towards NOW tv.
Siddhant: Mr XXXXX, I being from customer service offering a day pass.
Me: That's a hat trick of own goals
Siddhant: I am going out of my way and arranging a day pass for you.
Me: Thank you. And I am going out of my way to politely decline the offer.

At this point the conversation ends
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Bought a sports day pass last night to watch the Newcastle vs Man City match and had the same issues as everyone else did.

Didn't have any other device to watch the match on other than the 3 Now boxes which I have. People have been offered a sports day pass as recompense. I just want my refund of £6.99 as I only wanted to watch the one game and looking ahead Newcastle aren't on Sky again this season. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm still having issues with this on the Roku box.  When I load NowTV the Sky Sports section cannot be accessed and if I try to access it, the app shuts and I can't reopen it as it automatically goes back to the section which I last tried to access (Sky Sports in this case) and closes again.  Rinse and repeat.  The only temp fix I found was to uninstall the app and re-install which let me watch other content in the entertainment section, but I am still unable to access anything in the Sky Sports section and I still have a few days remaining on that pass.  The little > character beside Sky Sports in the menu is even gone.

What is the issue here and when will it be fixed?  I've had this issue for 24 hours now.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

why are you asking me if its over, "now tv" (you) have declared it over and service back to normal, this is not the point though, we are all waiting to see how you deal with it collectively. As someone pointed out, you seem to have give passess to some people of varying different lenghs and not to others, there needs to be a collective approach to whats given to all, as we have all recieved a loss of service.  Who knows what the obudsman services would make of that sort of agreement?

p.s. I contacted support to see " whats what" and got the fob off of. We will contcat you be email was used, case:01225468. If you want to do somethings useful @rob-t,  you can find out why no one has contcated me yet?