cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky sports Black Friday offer

Recently started using now tv. Just seen offer about buying 12 months pass for £199 but can’t seem to buy it. Any ideas
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It was sport package I was after. Is it possible for someone else in the house to set up an account in there name and buy it then
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Yep should be fine as long as they use a different email address and payment card to the one you used on your account, make sure they sign up for their account by clicking on the link on that sports offer page, as if they try and set up an account first and then go to the sports offer they will have the same problem you do.

Also if you currently have a sports month pass on your account don't forget to cancel it so you don't pay twice.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks think I’ll try that. Don’t understand these big companies I’m all for new customers but they should think of there existing customers. There basic bread and butter. Keep existing customers happy and they will do all the advertising to the new customers free of charge.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User agree with you there!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Maybe the Cyber Monday deal will be "Comeback to Sky Sports" after those who feel this is a raw deal for existing customers decide to pull the plug. I certainly am. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Quick question. If you cancel with now tv and rejoin are you classed as a new customer then as there are no contracts
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Quick question. If you cancel with now tv and rejoin are you classed as a new customer then as there are no contracts

@Anonymous User No unfortunately not, you'd still be seen as an existing customer, for those new customer deals you actually have to set up an account as part of the process of getting the deal.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

If there's no one else in the household who can set up an account, what you could try is having a word with live chat, explain you're keen to get the deal but you're not able to get it because you're an existing customer and see if they can offer you something similar. I'd guess they wouldn't offer you 12 months (in fact can't guarantee they'd offer anything at all) but for a couple of minutes of your time you might want to give it a go.

You can get to live chat from the Contact Us page

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch

(expand the Anything Else section for a live chat button)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks mate. Think I’ll try new person/ account option and see how it goes. I’ll let you know result