cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

On Sports channels picture freezes sound continues

While using a black Now TV box with a wired connection and a 200 Mbit connection I regularly get 2-3 second picture freezes while the sound continues unaffected. While watching football it happens every 10 minutes or so. It's not a huge issue but more irritating and it only occurs while watching sports. Has anyone had a similar problem that was fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, 

Just an update to apologise for the issues you have experienced when trying to watch sport on NOW TV. 

Yesterday we pushed out an update that should now have resolved the issue across our Sports Channels. 

We continue to monitor these channels, if you still experience this issue please let us know.

Thanks, 

Karl

View solution in original post

668 REPLIES 668
ken242
Expert

I had it. On the sky sports premier football channel and it was free from freezzing on there but when I turned it over to the cricket channel it was freezing non-stop so far I've got it on what channel watching the Barcelona match so far it's okay I'm not holding my breath
ken242
Expert

I'm watching the Barcelona match I have a date on this channel for about 45 minutes so far I still got no freezing I just keep an eye on it for now
ken242
Expert

Up date on the Barcelona match it's just started to freeze it's just started to freeze on the sky sports football channel Barcelona
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Kyrgios and Dimitrov are geniuses. They are managing to make the tennis ball stop in mid air for a few seconds every few minutes in their match on the Sky Action channel this evening. Oh silly me it's nothing to do with them it's good old stutter vision courtesy of NOW TV. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Had same issues with barca game. Keeps freezing ..all other channels ok...why is this ? 

@Anonymous User wrote:

Had same issues with barca game. Keeps freezing ..all other channels ok...why is this ? 

It's a (not so) snew "feature" of most of the Sky Sports channels - "Stuttervision"!

It's not you, it's them.

Been going on for months now. Not your broadband at fault. It's something wrong at their end.

ken242
Expert

i think the cricet channel the worst channel from feezzing it freezz every 2 minutes on there then  it frrzz sometime on for 10 to 15 minutes then it start freezzing agine

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ken242 wrote:

i think the cricet channel the worst channel from feezzing it freezz every 2 minutes on there then  it frrzz sometime on for 10 to 15 minutes then it start freezzing agine

Mine seems to be the football channel. Not seen any Spanish games without it freezing or with poor picture quality. Frustrating 

@Anonymous User wrote:

@ken242 wrote:

Mine seems to be the football channel. Not seen any Spanish games without it freezing or with poor picture quality. Frustrating 

Main event seems unaffected, but the individual sports channels ARE affected by this

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm sure Ive got quite good internet speeds so yeah sounds like it's them. 

Thanks dr.