cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

On Sports channels picture freezes sound continues

While using a black Now TV box with a wired connection and a 200 Mbit connection I regularly get 2-3 second picture freezes while the sound continues unaffected. While watching football it happens every 10 minutes or so. It's not a huge issue but more irritating and it only occurs while watching sports. Has anyone had a similar problem that was fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, 

Just an update to apologise for the issues you have experienced when trying to watch sport on NOW TV. 

Yesterday we pushed out an update that should now have resolved the issue across our Sports Channels. 

We continue to monitor these channels, if you still experience this issue please let us know.

Thanks, 

Karl

View solution in original post

668 REPLIES 668

@Soulcal24 wrote:
I was told last night 06/08/17 via live chat that issues with watching Sky Sports will be fixed in time for start of Premier League but we wait and see if that happens

will believe it when I see it!

ken242
Expert

just had chat on live chat sorted my devices out for me when i told him about the sky channels with the freezin going on for long time now and and the menbers are not to plz with it and some menber are thking about canceling the sports channels he i did  know what been happing on the forum about this  but thank you for tillng me i will got the tean on to this straght a way  so we have to see what going happing now if thay will do something now .

@ken242 wrote:

just had chat on live chat sorted my devices out for me when i told him about the sky channels with the freezin going on for long time now and and the menbers are not to plz with it and some menber are thking about canceling the sports channels he i did  know what been happing on the forum about this  but thank you for tillng me i will got the tean on to this straght a way  so we have to see what going happing now if thay will do something now .

doubt it, they've been saying "we'll get right on it" for weeks nay months now

@Soulcal24 wrote:
I was told last night 06/08/17 via live chat that issues with watching Sky Sports will be fixed in time for start of Premier League but we wait and see if that happens

good to know that getting it sorted "in time for start of Premier League" is the priority! as for the rest of us who are fans of other "non-PL sports" such as cricket, it seems we can go and f

stammie1609
Expert

I've just watched The Community Shield on the BT Sports Windows app, how nice it was to watch a sporting event with superior picture quality over Now TV without one picture freeze or any other issue, all on a service that costs nearly £30 a month less than a sports sub here!

Back to freeze-o-rama on The Cricket Channel now, DOH!

I've finally received a reply to the complaint message I sent, I can't remember the exact wording I used but I specifically pointed to this thread and asked for them not to waste my time by asking me to reset my devices or blame my connection or boxes and stated it happens on all sports channels ecept Main Event all the time.

I shall forgive the strange grammar from someone who obviously has English as a second language, but it seems clear no two departments within Now TV talk to each other or they think we'll all just give up complaining and carry on paying them money!

Its quite obvious from this reply whoever replied to me has not read this rather lengthy thread.

"Thanks for contacting NOW TV.

I can understand how disappointing it is when you are unable to watch properly for the subscription for which you have paid for and I am right here to take care of this.

We really apologize for the hassle you faced during watching the sports.

In order to help you further, I would like to ask few questions as below:

? Is your wifi connected to too many devices ?

? Can you confirm the username or do you have some other email address registered with us?

? Do you face this issue on watching a particular sports or it works fine while watching other sports channels ?

Awaiting your response to sort this at the earliest."

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@stammie1609 wrote:

I've just watched The Community Shield on the BT Sports Windows app, how nice it was to watch a sporting event with superior picture quality over Now TV without one picture freeze or any other issue, all on a service that costs nearly £30 a month less than a sports sub here!

Back to freeze-o-rama on The Cricket Channel now, DOH!

I've finally received a reply to the complaint message I sent, I can't remember the exact wording I used but I specifically pointed to this thread and asked for them not to waste my time by asking me to reset my devices or blame my connection or boxes and stated it happens on all sports channels ecept Main Event all the time.

I shall forgive the strange grammar from someone who obviously has English as a second language, but it seems clear no two departments within Now TV talk to each other or they think we'll all just give up complaining and carry on paying them money!

Its quite obvious from this reply whoever replied to me has not read this rather lengthy thread.

"Thanks for contacting NOW TV.

I can understand how disappointing it is when you are unable to watch properly for the subscription for which you have paid for and I am right here to take care of this.

We really apologize for the hassle you faced during watching the sports.

In order to help you further, I would like to ask few questions as below:

? Is your wifi connected to too many devices ?

? Can you confirm the username or do you have some other email address registered with us?

? Do you face this issue on watching a particular sports or it works fine while watching other sports channels ?

Awaiting your response to sort this at the earliest."

Ugh, this kind of 'never deviate from the script' customer services really grinds my gears.

ken242
Expert

got this email toda and it say 

Thanks for getting in touch with NOW TV.

I understand your concern, I'll help you with this.

I see that the issue is already escalated to higher technical team, they will get back to you at the earliest.

Feel free to get back to us if you have any questions.

To contact us about this topic, reply to this email without changing the subject line.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Ugh, this kind of 'never deviate from the script' customer services really grinds my gears.

I had exactly this freezing issue on Saturday and unaware of this thread, started one of my own. In my opening post I said that there were no other devices connected to my router and had a direct ethernet connection. I recieved a psuedo-English standard "response" telling me the impact of having 10 devices connected to the router and a suggestion to use Ethernet and if that did not work, contact my internet provider and to top it off they posted personal private and confidential information in a public post which I had to request be removed by quoting Data Protection Act.

I sufferered last year with the 60Hz issue until that was finally fixed and now I find this to be a known fault for at least 7 months and a 40 page thread. It is a shame as it could have been a nice service and I was planning to switch my main tv service from cable to Sky but no longer feel I can spend another penny on either.

stammie1609
Expert

@Anonymous User wrote:

Get those gears grinding this is their follow up reply (Its as if they haven't read a word I've written to them)

"Thanks for your response.

I'm sorry for the hassle caused. Not to worry, lets try to get this sorted.

Help me with few details to check and help you further:

1. Have you tried any trouble shooting steps ?

1. Have you tried to reset the NOW TV Box?

1. Have you done with the soft ware update?

Awaiting your reply. "

I think we can all whistle in the wind rather than expect this issue to be fixed!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply, I have checked all the emails about the same issue since April, hence I am getting this case escalated to the dedicated tech team.

They will get back to you via email within 24 to 48 hours of time. I would suggest you to watch on other supported device for the time being. 

To contact us about this topic, reply to this email without changing the subject line.

Or, if you would prefer to use Live Chat visit our Help site selecting the same topic as before and once you’re on chat give us your reference number 02112903.

Thanks

Vikram

The NOW TV Team

Another great response from the NOW TV team. How many times have they told us this issue will be 'escalated' to their dedicated tech team?

Response in 24 to 48 hours? The email was sent over 72 hours ago and no response.

NOW TV must think we are really stupid. 

Once again will someone from NOW TV respond with a meaningful statement on this forum??? Your customer service is the most embarrassing I've ever experienced.