cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Are Now TV considering a free pass for the Ryder Cup?

Go on, you know it makes sense!  

More importantly I could watch the GAA football final replay on Saturday night.  I have already paid to watch the first drawn game, so it's not fair having to pay again!

15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I don't really have much choice - four day passes won't go into one account (sigh!)

@Anonymous User 

Indeed!  That is one of the shortcomings of the present system.  Smiley Frustrated

I have one Sports Day Pass Voucher waiting to be used, but I can't apply it until my existing Month Pass is used up.  This means I have to go through the rigmarole of cancelling my Month Pass to stop it auto-renewing, and then wait until it has been used up before I can apply the Day Pass Voucher. (Which , as it happens, gives me only a couple of days to apply it before the Voucher expiry date!)

Just out of curiosity, how do you know the expiry dates of your four Day Pass Vouchers?  Did you have to ask Live Chat for the expiry date of each one?  When you get a voucher bundled with a Now TV Box in a shop, there is never any indication of its expiry date.  You take pot luck!

Wlat

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Yep, live chat can tell you the expiry date of a code. With regards the codes that come with boxes, the official line is they are valid for 12 months from date of purchase, but to allow for sitting on the shelf the exact expiry date is usually more than 12 months in practice. If you are unlucky enough to get a code with less than 12 months left then NOW TV will still honour the 12 months from purchase date if there is a problem.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy wrote:

If you are unlucky enough to get a code with less than 12 months left then NOW TV will still honour the 12 months from purchase date if there is a problem.

@Andy

Thanks, Andy.  That's reassuring to know!  I have never had a voucher fail yet, but I keep all purchase receipts - just in case.

Wlat

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Just out of curiosity, how do you know the expiry dates of your four Day Pass Vouchers?  Did you have to ask Live Chat for the expiry date of each one?  When you get a voucher bundled with a Now TV Box in a shop, there is never any indication of its expiry date.  You take pot luck!

@Anonymous User - Yes I asked on chat. I purchased the passes with boxes in December2015 , but expiry is in November 2016.  Nearly 12 months.   Then Virgin made me an offer I couldn't refuse on Sports for 9 months, and then made me another earlier this week for another six months just ahead of the Now TV offer of a month for the cost of a week.    I did use a couple of passes earlier this month, but I still have four remaining.    I will use them all come next March when the Virgin offer ceases, but just have to create accounts to apply them to.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I signed up for a weeks pass on Monday to watch some of the special programmes about the Ryder Cup and there is a new offer now with a month's pass for the same price as a weekly !

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any chance of a free day pass to tempt me to watch?