cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Set up

Hello! I have ordered now tv with phone and broadband to be installed 25/3/19 but I have just realised that I have never had a phone in since i moved in 5 years ago I’m now panicking about not being able to have internet set up!so what do I do now about finding out if my line is working or do I need to call someone out to set it up before I can proceed with my now tv order?i know these questions will sound stupid but I’m just not that clever about this sort of stuff!

4 REPLIES 4
RoyB
Legend

The issue is not whether your line is working, it is whether you have a line at all.

Do you have a place in your property where there is a phone socket? If so, it is very likely there is a line behind it, going back to the exchange; and if so, your NowTV installers will get it (re)activated by BT Openreach, and get your socket changed if needed for the latest type, as it will likely need to be for broadband.

But if you can’t see anywhere that a line comes in, best let NowTV know in advance. We might hope that the presence or absence of a line to your property is something they would check in advance as standard, but it won’t hurt to ask, if you can’t find a phone socket anywhere in your place.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes I have a phone socket to n the window that I tried but when I plugged a
phone in there was no sound coming from it
RoyB
Legend

Hi Kay15

That’s normal. An unused line will be ceased, and not have a dial tone.

As long as there is a wire out of the socket back to your local cabinet, NowTV can get this turned on again

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you!