cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nicktf
Advocate

Router/Boradband seems to be causing connection time outs to one site??!!

Hi,

All the devices in our home (phones/tablets and desktops) seem to be failing to our local library site !! (not a disaster but very annoying), when accessing through our hub. If the devices use connectivity via our mobile network provider the issues go away. The site homepage can be reached through the hub, but whenever the login button is clicked, its gets a tcp abort or connection timeout. The login page is never reached or displayed, so nothing is entered.

Looking into our hub, nothing is on the blocked list and the firewall rules are default. Its seems to have started happening in the last week as far as I can tell, with no changes that I'm aware of in our hub or service.

I have tried disabling the V6 firewall which had no effect. Dont know what else to try, any ideas would be most welcome, as apart from anything else I'd like to know whats going on as nothing makes any sense!!

Thanks

nick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@nicktf 

Disable Broadband Buddy, or set it to 18+ from its default of 13. Obviously, it thinks your local library is too racy for anyone under that age 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RoyB
Legend

@nicktf 

Disable Broadband Buddy, or set it to 18+ from its default of 13. Obviously, it thinks your local library is too racy for anyone under that age 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
nicktf
Advocate

Thanks RoyB - spot on 🙂